Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yet Another Laser Newbie

Hello to all, i'm a medicine student from Russia so don't expect much grammar from me. :)
I've heard about lasers about a month ago, at first i wasn't very interested in them. But afer some topic research i found that they are awesome. Then lasers just sucked me in! Drivers, diodes, nanometers, milliwatts, you know... So, i guess i found a dangerous hobby that dont involves making homemade fireworks, and i like it.

Now building a "candy can" DIY laser, im pretty sure you've seen hundreds of them.

Well, i hope the hivemind accepts me.:wave:

We will accept you! Welcome to the forum, and be safe! Before you start working with anything higher than 5mW of power, get some goggles! Those will permanently damage your eyes.

And sorry for berating you with safety knowledge, but these really *are* dangerous and will blind you. What's worth more, money for the goggles or your eyesight?

Privet Nikito,

Dobro pojalovat na LPF. Kak dela? I'm sure there are a few other russian speakers lurking around on the forum, feel free to PM if you even need a translation.

I'm sure you already know, but google translate will be very helpful:)

Have fun.

welcome.gif
to the Forum...
Don't forget to read the Forum Rules...
Enjoy your stay....

Jerry

Thank you all!
I think I'm not going to post many questions here, I got nearly all answers just by reading the forum.

Last edited: