Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yet again, 473 vs 594...

I've read and read about this, but I can't seem to find a clear answer.

In my collection, all I want is a bunch of indoor, dark room laser pointers for my own nerdly pleasures, and I would like them to all be roughly the same power output. I am very limited in options for my yellow, so it'll have to be a Rigel style 2mw.

In order to have roughly the same brightness from a 473, would I have to go with the aqu-2 or aqu-5 power level?

Any comparisons with a 473 of 2 and 5mw power levels with a 635 such as an Atlasnova would be greatly useful as well.

Hopefully someone has some practical experience with this, I'm about to buy and want to make the right decision.

The atlasnova pointers only output 3mW. The 2mW model 473 will most closely match the brightness.

The Aquarius 5 would probably be best. A yellow 5mW is supposedly very close to the brightness of 532nm at 5mW.

Do you want the same mw(s) of output power, or beams with comparable visibility?

scopeguy20 said:
Do you want the same mw(s) of output power, or beams with comparable visibility?

Not really the visibility of the beam, but the dot. Semantics I know, but it's important to me.

It's cool though, I've decided I'm going to get the Aqu5 in your GB.

Thanks quadcam! I will send you a free 1 mw 532 nm pen as well as the surprize gift, I noticed it on your wishlist. Talk to Daedal for a 405 nm, he put together mine and it works great!