Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow laser crystals

Monado

Does anyone have or know where I could get the Nd:YAG and KTP for a yellow laser pointer? I have been looking around an unsurprisingly my efforts have gone in vain.
I also understand that it doesn't have to be Nd: YAG and KTP but hopefully you guys get my point.

I have been working on this DPSS project for a couple weeks now and i wonder if anyone else has tried a project like this.
:thanks:

diachi

Does anyone have or know where I could get the Nd:YAG and KTP for a yellow laser pointer? I have been looking around an unsurprisingly my efforts have gone in vain.
I also understand that it doesn't have to be Nd: YAG and KTP but hopefully you guys get my point.

I have been working on this DPSS project for a couple weeks now and i wonder if anyone else has tried a project like this.

Start with green in a large scale/lab style housing first. If you've never built a DPSS laser before yellow is not the place to start, especially not in a pointer. You can get composite crystals for 532nm, all you need to do with those is mount them, find a good pump source and add a beam expander/telescope to the output. No such crystals are available for yellow. Once you've got that nailed, move on to 532nm with discrete crystals. After you've got that down move on to yellow. Hope you've got a decent budget, access to a machine shop and lots of patience.

532nm is far easier to work with for a number of reasons.

Last edited:
That is all true. Also, yellow instead of a second harmonic generated line like 532nm, it is a sum frequency generated line where two separate Nd doped YAG lines, 1064nm and 1319nm must be generated. You will have to decide on the cavity you'll use, find the optics to force the 1319nm line and find an appropriate nonlinear crystal to actually sum these frequencies. Trying to do this in a pointer is beyond difficult. Even doing it is a lab unit is a daunting task to undertake.

This might be helpful.

https://www.covesion.com/products/about-mgoppln.html
https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/...ubling-of-high/10.1117/12.2264770.short?SSO=1

Monado

Thanks this was just what I needed, I know this project will be hard but hopefully I can accomplish something.:thanks:

Not meaning to rain on your parade BUT-- that project IMO is one that less than 1% of the even the vet members here have ANY chance for success.
All that time would be better spent on projects that you have some chance of completing. I am happy with my R+G yellow. AND-- you can do B+G for 'aqua' or 'teal' add R to B or V and get magenta-- very nice color and fairly easy to match beam profiles-- A 'yellow' made with a 'thick' beam green and most reds will not look great .. some green will show on one side of the red -or the other or even both.... hak ;-)

Might have some luck pairing a 532nm DPSS laser and a 650nm like the LPC-840. I think they could be made to match pretty well.

but

should you still try please post pics here and know we will be 'rooting' for you..
some members are very savvy and helpful...bbl with a thread on a new yellow diode iirc 577nm...Mellow Yellow-1W .. woot woot!

btw AixiZ stopped offering yellow lab lasers (dpss)due to very frequent 'deaths'.. not to mention the high price tag--(iirc they were CNIs)..vr hak