Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Xm900/nubm44/5a sxd/g2 35mm hs

Hi Folks ,
Had this on the back burner nothing new about it but i figured i throw it in the mix..
In It is::
1 - XM900 host
2 - NUBM44 diode = A.Barnett.
3 - 5A SXD = Jordan
4 - G2 Lens = Existotem
5 - 35MM Heat Sink = Jordan
I Drilled the HS lead hole larger to accommodate the 24AWG silicon wire and shrink tubing.
Now some pics: Rich:)
Hope you all enjoy the show ..

Attachments

• IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1859.JPG
    IMG_1859.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1860.JPG
    IMG_1860.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1861.JPG
    IMG_1861.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1868.JPG
    IMG_1868.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Nice one Rich, looks great.
Really like my mx, nubm44, 35mm cu sink combo, nice long burn time.....lol

Hi,
Thank you VV and Red just had to do at least one of these 44 builds .
I have another XM900 build with a R.Trent sink and an extra trent sink and 3 - Xm900 hosts.
Yes Red stability not to bad at all got a great diode from A.B.. He has some good prices on them. Need more guys like him around..
Thanks for checking it out fella's

Rich:)

Thanks for the review, Rich. What did you have to pay for this build, if you don't mind my asking?

Hi Paul,
I would have to add it all up and with the time it took to build it . I'm really fussy how i build laser for it needs to be perfect for me. If i don't like the way something is sitting i'll rip it down and rectify the issue it's just how i am with all my builds and i have built over 40 lasers + .. Lots of them i don't even post it's no big deal to me i just enjoy building the best ways.

Hi Paul,
The mx's are less than $20 and the copper washers are 3-4 for $3 shipped. then the cost of 35mm cu module, lens, diode and driver.
Around $200 I'm thinking
Danny

Yes. I don't count my labor on laser I build for myself. It only counts if I plan to sell it. I thought this was an unusually less expensive build and that was the reason for my question.

Edit; I just bought an LPC-840 from existotem because everyone was talking about how good they were, but my diode didn't ship for over72 hours of weekday time.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
Imo this may be the cheapest 44 build,...lol
Mine has a nice, long duty cycle, I love it
Danny

Hi Paul,
VV is very close i just did an evaluation and it come out to around that. And it all depends who is building the laser basically anyone can do it but doing it the right way and clean is all the reason. When you rush a build it's only a recipe for disaster down the road. If you consider 200 bucks cheap it's not ,it's all hard earned money. then when you show in labor cost that ups the anny. bottom line is it all depends who builds it for you. I see some folks here offering to build for others and that scares me if there new to this hobby. So if you decide to get one built i'm just saying do your homework or doit your self Pal..

Hi Paul,
VV is very close i just did an evaluation and it come out to around that. And it all depends who is building the laser basically anyone can do it but doing it the right way and clean is all the reason. When you rush a build it's only a recipe for disaster down the road. If you consider 200 bucks cheap it's not ,it's all hard earned money. then when you show in labor cost that ups the anny. bottom line is it all depends who builds it for you. I see some folks here offering to build for others and that scares me if there new to this hobby. So if you decide to get one built i'm just saying do your homework or doit your self Pal..

Rich, I never said this was a cheap build. I said it seemed to be a less expensive one, and by that I meant from a parts standpoint. I never build anything on the cheap, nor do I ever rush my builds. Before I had the tools I have now, some of my closed box builds seemed a little sloppy to me because I had what I had to accomplish what I was trying to do. That was awhile ago, though. I spend a great deal of time getting my builds exactly the way I want them to work and to look. Also, I don't ask people to build lasers for me. I build all my own. I have on occasion built some for friends or family.

Last edited:
hi paul,
i know your very innovative at what you do ,i was just stating how i done my builds. i know your capable of building your own by reading your posts. Your very intelligent in your compositions. i am with you on this buddy, so please don't misconstrue my reply. yes we do the same when it comes to adapt and modify. Cool..

That's a beautiful beast. Can't wait to eventually one day build one with the nubm44