Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wts apyder arctic 3 *updated lower price*

I thought you needed filters to bring it up to 1W readings.

I just have no use for a LPM. mW ranges dont give me wood. I use lasers for art, not burning. If I want to burn something I use my lighter.

Nope, no filters for the I. I think there was another Laserbee that could do up to 1W with filters, but the I does not need them :) And what kind of art T_J? I am a bit curious :D

Steampunk.

A good example is this lightsaber.

309.jpg

Steampunk Steampunk Lightsaber Project Details

I'm working on a lumina wheel that emulates an Aurora borealis with a star field generator. Its made will oak dovetail boxes, vacuum tubes, knife switches, clock gears, copper water pipes, and brass fittings. Also a spiro set in a hand engraved human skull, with brass accents, spikes, leather, and other odd bits. Then I have a 445nm ray gun, with an IR scope, brass body, and HeNe tube sighting laser.

Then I have my high voltage projects LOL.

Steampunk.

A good example is this lightsaber.

309.jpg

Steampunk Steampunk Lightsaber Project Details

I'm working on a lumina wheel that emulates an Aurora borealis with a star field generator. Its made will oak dovetail boxes, vacuum tubes, knife switches, clock gears, copper water pipes, and brass fittings. Also a spiro set in a hand engraved human skull, with brass accents, spikes, leather, and other odd bits. Then I have a 445nm ray gun, with an IR scope, brass body, and HeNe tube sighting laser.

Then I have my high voltage projects LOL.

._. WOW! Thats all I can say.... Pretty nifty stuff, sorry for the thread jack OP.

I'll say this. I have never seen any value in the whole steampunk thing. but OMG!!! im hooked that is just a thing of beauty.

LMAO I just realized how bad we jacked this thread. Sorry man. Think of it as free bumps. Every time we reply, your sales thread gets bumped to the top of the sales list. So its not all that bad. :yh:

MojoLA

If everyone is so down on the Arctic and WL in general then why so they sell so quickly?

My Arctic 3 Spyder is supposed to ship this week and before I joined this site I was pretty excited about my first laser (I had been thinking about getting a laser for a while (I'm you basic sci-fi nerd, so its one of those must-have items) and I admit all the light saber hoopla sucked me in) but ever since reading all the bashing here, I'm worried I made a bad choice.

But despite all the negative ramblings here, every review I've seen has been favorable (and some of these reviewed have been from serous laser fans) and all the YouTube videos make it look "as advertised" to me.

And, as I said, it looks like every time one goes up for sale it's snatched pretty fast (or is that because the wait time is still pretty long and some people just have to have it now?)

In any case the whole point of me posting this here is that im already thinking about selling it before i've even gotten it! So what's the deal? Is the "Light Saber" laser any good or should I offer it up to someone who doesn't care?

One of the members here has offered to sell me a scratch build 1.2w blue, but I need to make a decision soon...

I just want to say Isk8 is a stand up guy and was awesome dealing with him. I got the laser and it works great. No problems at all and the transaction went very smooth. Thank you Isk8 for this awesome G2 Laser.

daguin

If everyone is so down on the Arctic and WL in general then why so they sell so quickly?

My Arctic 3 Spyder is supposed to ship this week and before I joined this site I was pretty excited about my first laser (I had been thinking about getting a laser for a while (I'm you basic sci-fi nerd, so its one of those must-have items) and I admit all the light saber hoopla sucked me in) but ever since reading all the bashing here, I'm worried I made a bad choice.

But despite all the negative ramblings here, every review I've seen has been favorable (and some of these reviewed have been from serous laser fans) and all the YouTube videos make it look "as advertised" to me.

And, as I said, it looks like every time one goes up for sale it's snatched pretty fast (or is that because the wait time is still pretty long and some people just have to have it now?)

In any case the whole point of me posting this here is that im already thinking about selling it before i've even gotten it! So what's the deal? Is the "Light Saber" laser any good or should I offer it up to someone who doesn't care?

One of the members here has offered to sell me a scratch build 1.2w blue, but I need to make a decision soon...

Once again, you NEED to read more. "EVERYONE" isn't "down" on the Arctic. It is a cool looking host. It just happens to come from a company with some significant Quality Control and Customer Service issues.
As far as WL is concerned, we are just VERY "done with" Steve's lies and deceptions.

As I have stated elsewhere, I have had three of them. ALL THREE had to be tuned up and cleaned up. One of them came with a broken lens.

They are NOT "up to spec." They are NOT "as advertised."

However, that being said, there are <13K members here. Many of them are NooBs and/or neophytes who don't know or don't care about the QC issues or the deception. They just want a cool looking "light saber."

If all you want is a cool looking light saber AND you are willing to either accept the laser with the issues it has (or can fix them like me), then the Arctic will satisfy you.

The veterans and experienced members here know that we can get a better laser for the same money or less; OR we can build one for MUCH less. PLUS we don't like lies or bad customer service.

I like the host. Eventually, I will get one of the "failed" Arctics for an acceptable price and will build a better laser in it ;)

Peace,
dave