Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTF am i gonna do now :(

I keep around $500 in my account usually but right now i got around $1000 and was just going to keep it in there. i guess i need to transfer it asap. You would hear about me on the news if they closed my account and i couldn't touch it lol

If they close your account, they mail you a check for the balance.

It's a bittersweet relationship, everyone uses paypal so you need it to stay competitive and at the same time their arbitration and account closure policies are deplorable. I had my share of problems with them as well :(

Things

Heh, I've been screwed over trying to deal in virtual goods before too, it's just a pain in the ass dealing with something that physically doesn't exist. I also run a minecraft server, however I don't even bother asking for donations as it's usually more trouble than it's worth. Although if I did take it public I might, but for what I pay for hosting and how much time I spend on it, probably not worth it.

benmwv

Why pay for hosting? Unless you have a huge server just do it for free at your house. I paid $20 for a used server computer on ebay. It runs off a 12v 2A wall wart so it doesn't cost much to power it. Running mineos (linux for minecraft servers!) Only like 20mb of ram is ised by the os and all the rest goes to the game. It also atomatically sets up a webpage you can go to to create and control your servers. Automatic backups and updates. This server was plenty for me and my friends to play on until we started getting like 8 people at a time. So I upgraded to a new server from ebay for $70 with an atom and 4gig ram. I can have tons of people now and i've never had any lag problems. Now ive switched the server to tekkit and its awesome.

Now back on topic, I havent had any trouble with paypal, even though ive broken the rules you guys are saying. I had multiple transactions with the word laser in the description or comments. I also have a couple thousand dollars of gift transactions racked up. I think maybe they dont care because I dont run a shop? Im sure I have around 1000 in recieved gift payments though, and more sent.

Laik

This sucks but it looks like your gonna have to wait that 180 days :(

Things

Why pay for hosting? Unless you have a huge server just do it for free at your house. I paid $20 for a used server computer on ebay. It runs off a 12v 2A wall wart so it doesn't cost much to power it. Running mineos (linux for minecraft servers!) Only like 20mb of ram is ised by the os and all the rest goes to the game. It also atomatically sets up a webpage you can go to to create and control your servers. Automatic backups and updates. This server was plenty for me and my friends to play on until we started getting like 8 people at a time. So I upgraded to a new server from ebay for $70 with an atom and 4gig ram. I can have tons of people now and i've never had any lag problems. Now ive switched the server to tekkit and its awesome.

Main reason is because internet in Australia sucks. My max upload speed is about 100KB/s, which probably will support 3 people on the server, but the ping times aren't great. ALso seeing as pretty much 95% of Australia is on ADSL, ping times are pretty crap too. I've got on average ~100ms ping to most of my friends, within Aus, so double that to run a server at home isn't really acceptable.

paypal is offically a no go for me, i cant use google or amazon in australia eaither :/

LaZeRz

PP charge us fee's on all of our transactions so that we can stay "protected" but when we actually do get scammed, or run in to a problem they can't care less.