Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB white flashlight LED's

Hey everyone!

I need a bunch of LEDs and I figured some of the builders might have a whole bunch laying around. I'd probably need around 30 or so. Let me know how many you have and which LEDs they are if possible.

Thanks!
Jeff

I have a solo XM-L2 T4 7A mounted on a copper sinkpad. Its up there about 3000k so super warm tint. Let me know if you are interested in buying a single LED or if you need them in bulk.

CW bare XM-L2s are ~$4 each but finding a 3k XM-L2 is a little harder

I would PM jayrob. With all the kits he makes, I am sure he is bound to have a box of LED's somewhere.

What's your project, if you don't mind my asking?

I only have random LEDs, and not in any quantity worth bothering over, but if you need a lot of assorted small reflectors, I have a random baggie of them (thanks, qume, for feeding my packrat habit!)

I have a solo XM-L2 T4 7A mounted on a copper sinkpad. Its up there about 3000k so super warm tint. Let me know if you are interested in buying a single LED or if you need them in bulk.

CW bare XM-L2s are ~$4 each but finding a 3k XM-L2 is a little harder

Hey livinloud

I do need them in bulk. A single LED won't cut it.

What's your project, if you don't mind my asking?

I only have random LEDs, and not in any quantity worth bothering over, but if you need a lot of assorted small reflectors, I have a random baggie of them (thanks, qume, for feeding my packrat habit!)

My uncle asked me if I could make him an LED bar for the top of his truck with several modes because someone almost hit him while he was snow plowing. So I figured if someone had a bunch of LEDs laying around I could possibly make that happen. We were going to buy one on eBay but the listing prices range from 80-250+ for a decent one.

I would PM jayrob. With all the kits he makes, I am sure he is bound to have a box of LED's somewhere.

Thanks I might do that :beer:

Mtnelectronics. Xml2 u2 are $3.90 each (bare led)

Lck led sells 100 for $390 mounted on normal mcpcbs or add $70 for copper

Edit: also no offense but those light bars are top notch. A homemade bar will not touch most of the ones out there. I'm guessing you are after somwthing like this beast

Last edited:
If somebody almost hits a snowplow, I don't think lights are gonna help ;-)

What kind of optics you gonna use, or what kind of beam are you looking to achieve?

This 72W specimen may light up the path infront of a snow plough for $75 each (min order 2 sets): HERE :yh:

High_Intensity_72W_led_driving_light_bar_4x4_Light_Bar_OFF_ROAD.jpg

Might want to invest in one of these

1292863664_148313428_6-Strobe-lights-for-Snow-plow-truck-emergency-light-bar-Canada.jpg

Have one on my truck when I plow. Yellow light reflects off the snow and you can see it from around corners. Not once, ever been close to being hit

^ Actually that's exactly what I was going to make. Its hard to tell from eBay photos how bright the LEDs are so we figured we would make our own.

@OrionBLF hene those LED bars surely are bright. A buddy of mine has a smaller one for his ATV and its plenty bright for the woods. :beer:

@Bshan we weren't really looking to use any optics to throw the light. Probably just a homemade aluminum reflectors. As for the close call, can't really comment on it because I was not there. Maybe he just needed an excuse to buy some lights for the truck lol.

I'll tell you from experience, picked up a few from various swap meets; just a rotating dome style and the bar style. Even the dome which doesnt use a LED emitter, is dam bright in the snow. Powered by the cig outlet with a long cord so its perfect. The magnets on the bottom are holy cow strong so I suggest putting a piece of thing plastic or something between the paint and the magnet or you might damage the paint taking it off.

Seriously I paid under $100 for all of mine and I have 3 or 4 so there is 0 need to make your own. You just need to know where to look. Ill keep my eye out online and see if they have any deals, otherwise I suggest hitting up the swap meets in the spring or if they have indoor ones in PA then go during the winter.

EDIT:

Here is one that sticks to the windshield, still would need something for the rear but might be able to take one apart and make something work or maybe two and get a custom box to strap it on the roof

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Power-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a214fe5ce&vxp=mtr

Also try the teardrop light, I have one, was my first one and it worked well. Have since upgraded to a bar but thats since I found one for a killer deal

http://www.angelos-supplies.com/sno...D/5482/Level/a/Default.aspx?SortField=EAN,EAN

Last edited: