Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Starter lpm

GSS

That's about what I paid for mine with two sensors. The 6+ watt one and the 20 watt one. i doubt that is Astralist. He made these LPMs.
Weren't the Hyperian's around $75 for the 2W and a $150 for the 10 or 20W which was just a code unlock?

Snecho

Either send your lasers to someone else (I can measure lasers for you if you want) or save up for however long it takes you to get a unit for $140. It's pretty rare for used lpms to come up for sale, and anything new in that price range is probably much worse than the $140 Laserbee (except the hyperion but I don't think those are being made atm)
Took the words right out of my mouth tbh :)

There's just no feasible way to find a meter under $100 even used that isn't a joke unfortunately. Except a Hyperian if you're lucky enough to find one.

I'm willing to chip in a piece of the extra $40 for that LaserBee if any other members want to help :)

Last edited:

Giannis_TDM

Weren't the Hyperian's around $75 for the 2W and a $150 for the 10 or 20W which was just a code unlock?
Oh i would love the 2w vers for so cheap it would be perfect for me

Yes, Pradipta used the same senors and meters for this. Then, later, if you wanted to get the 6+ watts you could pay him the difference and he would give you a code to unlock the meters. So, initially you could get one the read up to 3 watts, I think, for $75 plus shipping.

Reactions: GSS

Giannis_TDM

Yes, Pradipta used the same senors and meters for this. Then, later, if you wanted to get the 6+ watts you could pay him the difference and he would give you a code to unlock the meters. So, initially you could get one the read up to 3 watts, I think, for $75 plus shipping.
Yea i wish i could get such deal now it seems amazing

GSS

Ok the unlock code option was for 6W..

Ok the unlock code option was for 6W..

Yes, Though mine came already unlocked. He offered this option when he first offered them for sale here. I didn't really need another LPM at the time, but he offered it to me and allowed me to take a couple of months to pay for it. I got both sensors.

You can still find the Hyperion Argentum with a 15w sensor new for 225.00.
That is a $50.00 increase over the original price of these. I wouldn't pay that either. And that includes the $25.00 shipping costs.

I don't have a lot of requirements measurable power 2w or more 1mw precision used or new.
Thanks for looking!
Your "precision" criteria is not well defined...

There is a difference between accuracy and resolution.
Resolution is the smallest increment an LPM will show
on a given range 1mW, 0,1mW, etc.

Accuracy is how close to NIST an LPM is on a given range
an is normally quoted in +/- percent (%) since 1mW accuracy
at a 10mW max reading is not the same as 1mW accuracy at
10,000mW max reading.

BTW... there is and has always been a 10% discount on any
LaserBee LPM product to LPF members..... You just need to
ask for it at the link in my signature.

Jerry

Giannis_TDM

10,000mW max reading.

Jerry
Sorry Jerry I meant resolution my bad, And I currently don't have the $ for your wonderful meters as I have not received any $ from my birthday because all the corona virus shit and the relatives couldn't come over that's why I'm looking for one in the used market and not imminently heading over to your site to buy the Laserbee AX. Thanks for pointing out the discount code didn't see it. Now I'm just waiting to see if I get lucky and a member has something old but good to sell me or till Easter comes round because then ill be getting some $ for sure.

10,000mW max reading.

Jerry

Hi Jery,
Thanks for stepping in and clearing up questions. And the 10% perk is always a plus buddy.
Rich:)

Snecho

Sorry Jerry I meant resolution my bad
Ah ok that makes sense now. My apologies.

How much $ do you need? The difference between your budget and the AX? Maybe myself and another member can pitch in :)

Giannis_TDM

Ah ok that makes sense now. My apologies.

How much $ do you need? The difference between your budget and the AX? Maybe myself and another member can pitch in :)
Thanks for your generous offer mate but I think Im gonna play the waiting game till Easter