Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: SSY-1 PARTS... Complete unit, frame, flash lamp, YAG rod, Q-sw. and or mirrors.

WTB: SSY-1 PARTS... Metal frame, flash lamp, YAG rod, Q-switch and or mirrors, working or not. Happy to find complete working units too, if you have or know who might sell to me.

Chris

Radim

OPSSL? Why not. What are you planning to do with that?

i already have a few, want more to make a rapid fire laser, since they have limited duty cycle each, i could fire one after the other sequentially to give each one a rest. i keep getting these units which have problems, missing a flash lamp, destroyed q-switch for not putting an inductor in line with the flash lamp, someone sawed off a mounting leg on one of the frames, those kinds of issues. i get them cheap when they have problems (normally, not the last one) so I don't mind to buy more to make complete units.

Last edited:
You got burned on that last one, Chris. Paid top dollar for a complete working unit, but got an abused one instead. :mad:

Last edited:
Yes, top dollar for it and got something i wouldn't have paid more than 100 dollars for if i knew the q-switch was burned out. seller claims he shouldn't be yelled at for something he didn't know, but the whole thing is fishy to me, since he deemed it necessary to remove the q-switch himself.

He claims to be limited in funds, but still always finds a way to buy some expensive laser he wants. There are many things that don't add up here.

it's because he's 16 years old, they have a habit of giving the best story they can to meet their own wants, my kids did, I did, most do.

Huh. My daughter didn't act that way when I was rearing her, but I guess I did at that age, mainly because I was reared in a strict household and telling the truth often meant serious repercussions.

I wasn't raised at all, parents too busy building an Amway business to take care of their kids well, but we always had food, shelter and clothes but guidance was nil to negative, meaning bad guidance.

Yeah, my father was a retired light colonel from the army, born in 1915, he was raised without a father, so he treated us like subordinates. My mother at least I could tell she loved me, but it was still very strict.

What does it say about the parents when all four of their kids don't finish high school? something wrong with that? hmmm.... although in my case, I quit high school to go directly into the U.S. Coast Guard and then finished college after done with my enlistment, the others, nope...

I'd say we both were raised under less than ideal circumstances, but turned out okay regardless. ;)

Everyone of us has some cross or difficulties to bear, if not yet, in time. Now if I can just find more SSY-1 parts. Reading up on these devices, I'm seeing that the manufacturer never called them an SSY, but my guess is someone came up with that name to sell them on the surplus market, probably means Solid State YAG. There were some later models which used 1.5 um, I would sure like to find some of those, have never seen them surplus.

I knew that SSY-1 designation was not a real part or model number. I'm not sure where it came from, but you are probably right. Wasn't aware they made the 1533nm version, not even sure about that WL. :crackup:

Last edited: