Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB RGB laser modules for a project.

Hello!
I want to buy 3 modules, one red, green, blue, all around 5-20mW for a project. However, I want these modules to be able to have one common power source (1 power supply) for the three diodes.
I do not mind the wavelengths, so long as they are indeed RGB, and non-gas.

You might find something close to what you want buying cheap Chinese RGB modules which are already built using dichroic reflectors to combine all of the colors into a single beam, turning them off and on individually but the power level you want is on the low side, that I have not run across yet.

Here's one rated for 200mw combined power: RGB 200mW Stage Light Laser Module High Power White Laser Compact Design TTL | eBay

Otherwise, I believe you will probably need to buy individual low power modules and wire them together yourself using separate drivers for each diode, all running from the same DC power source.

I suppose you could buy the above projector and use it for parts to reconfigure into what ever you want to build. However, word of warning, some of these RGB-white modules don't last long, but this low powered one might, it's the ones they drive to their limits which fail quick and this is not a high power unit. You might also be able to adjust the amount of drive current to each diode to get the individual color outputs down to 20mw each. Check with the seller to see if the drive current to each diode is adjustable and how much range. Only problem with that is trying to communicate with someone in China who may not know English very well.

There is one China laser parts seller who sells these kinds of units who doesn't do too bad with communication, that is ebay seller Techhood, you might try looking at what he sells and ask him some questions. Buying from China isn't the best way to go, if there is something wrong returning the item for refund can cost more than the item itself, they can ship cheap to us, we can't ship back cheap. Because of that I recommend going to the google laser part store named DTR LPF. Just google "DTR LPF" to find his online store, he is in California.

Last edited:
That's a bit too powerful. I need something that can hit the naked eye at 100% intensity for 5ms at a time at 3 feet away at about 1Hz consistently with no damage, and i figure 20 mW is the upper range for that.

I edited my post, try DTR LPF and see if he has some low power single mode diodes which can be driven with low current to produce no more than 20mw, even though rated for higher output.

That's a bit too powerful. I need something that can hit the naked eye at 100% intensity for 5ms at a time at 3 feet away at about 1Hz consistently with no damage, and i figure 20 mW is the upper range for that.

How did you figure that? Did you have any maximum permitted exposure (MPE) calculations to verify this claim?