Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Q Switch for ND YAG & Aspheric Lens 4/λ, 50mm or larger dia.

Re: WANT TO BUY: Surplus Priced Large Aspheric Lens (3 inches diameter or larger)....

I ran across their web site a couple of years ago and again recently, I'd love to have one of those but when I checked in prices, ouch.

Edit: Looking at the EO document on aspherical lenses, I am finding there is another accuracy measurement I need to be concerned with:

Power (Spherical) 2λ, 1/2λ, 1/10λ

2λ for "commercial" which I interpret as illuminators, 1/2λ for laser use and 1/10λ for precision laser use. The use of the word power is somewhat confusing to me, but I guess that means curvature accuracy.

800.jpg
I looked at the site and it states this type of expander needs to be chained together to achieve higher divergences of up to 32x.

Re: WANT TO BUY: Surplus Priced Large Aspheric Lens (3 inches diameter or larger)....

Does chained together mean the orientation of the lenses, or laser diode output, must be very closely aligned to one another?

There is another optical item I am in search of, a small ~1/2 inch diameter IR PBS polarized beam splitter cube. I need one with AR coating for about 800nm, I can find them on Aliexpress for 50 dollars, plus another 40+ dollars shipping, or another one on ebay for close to 140 dollars but I don't want to pay that much. Here's the bay listing to give an idea of the specs I'm looking for:

1pcs 10mm Polarization Beam Splitter Cube PBS 600 1100nm A329 LW | eBay

Photobucket

Polarization beam splitter cube

Size: 10*10*10MM

Dimension tolerance: +/-0.1MM

Finish: 40-20

Type: Lambda/4

Wavelength: 600-1100NM (I need ~800nm)

Re: WTB: Aspheric Lens 4/λ, 50mm or larger dia. + Infrared PBS cube, approx. 10-12mm

Sorry about the late response. I should've been more explicit: I meant multiplying the matrices together. You can pretty much compute the entire lens system, including the curved interfaces at each side of the lens if your lens is thick. The lens diagram and the related matrices demonstrate a thick lens. Remember that the angles in the ABCD matrices are in radians, not degrees.

The ABCD matrices do assume that you're doing shallow-angle optics where:

Code:
angle ≈ sin(angle)

So beyond 20 degrees you'll be diverging a decent amount.

Thank you, a bit belated.

If anyone knows where I can find something for use as a mechanical optical 1064nm YAG Q switch, please let me know.