Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB pretty anodized Kryton Grooves

All yours Dave if you want it...

P.S. bryce007, your going to need a way to focus that thing with an 8X in there!

I already bought 2 focus rings from you. Remember? :)

So is Kenom ever planning another run of these?
He's been trying to, but apparantly there isn't enough interest. I don't know why people aren't interested in these engineering marvels!

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/kryton-gb-round-3-multiple-hosts-39868.html

PS, there has been a discrete size link in my sig for some time :)

Last edited:

jayrob

I already bought 2 focus rings from you. Remember? :)

Oh yeah... sorry, I forgot. That was a while ago. If I remember correctly, you had me send them to Barry, or Ken (can't remember) to get anodized. How did that work out? Got any pics?

Oh yeah... sorry, I forgot. That was a while ago. If I remember correctly, you had me send them to Barry, or Ken (can't remember) to get anodized. How did that work out? Got any pics?

Yea I had you send them to Ken. Ken also has my kryton smooth, and he's going to anodize it purple along with one of the focus rings. The other one is going to go to Barry to anodize matte black to match my black/marbeled groove. I'll have pics of them when I get my lasers from Igor :)

jayrob

Those should be some sweet custom builds! With matching EzFocus adapters...

Kenom

I'd already have those anodized if it wasnt' so doggone cold out there. Sadly anodizing requires the bath to be about 70f or so and it's kinda hard to do withe the temp in the garage at 10!

Mohrenberg, it cost me about $40 or so to have the hosts made, but on top there were the other parts. Tailcap, clicky, aperture cap, lenses, snap ring, o-rings, and rubber inserts. Plus I purchased really nice boxes for the grooves to ship in and baggies for the parts and for the electrostatic bags for the driver.

Last edited:

jayrob

I like the plain aluminum polished ones that you did Ken!

kgroove9.jpg

Kenom

yeah they sure are sexy. I like the polished look out of any look. It doesn't ding up or if it does it can be repolished, no scratches that aren't easily removed. No paint peeling and it just works better. Plus it's way less expensive than anodizing.

Kenom

Just polished. If you scratch it, take sandpaper to get rid of the scratch, work your way down and then hit it with the buffing wheel.