Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Laser modules (used or i'll pay you $$ to build me one)

daguin

Daguin: Thanks so much, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I've already bought it.

Now I just need the same thing in a few other colors. Let me ask any of you, I assume I'd need a more powerful red, blue or violet to match the brightness of a 15mw green. What do you think, would 30mw be enough?

I'm guessing a 15mw gold/amber would match the green for brightness...

There are MANY ways to go with what you are thinking about. Do a bit more reading about the different blues available [basically 473nm (Better beam spec's and more stable output at low powers) or 445nm (less expensive, "flat" beam, may have stability problems at low power)].

You need about four times as much red (650nm) as green to balance for white. Blue and green can be pretty close to the same power. You need a lot more violet to match a green. "Yellow" is usually produced by combining red and green.

No such thing as gold/ amber.
theres a dark red or 660nm but you'd need about 100mw to my estimates.
-Nick

There are gold/amber lasers (589nm 593nm), but they are expensive :(

Peace,
dave

MojoLA

Gamer: Look at the banner ads from CNI on every page of this site - you'll see the yellow laser mentioned.

In fact I'm pretty sure there is at least one review (with pics) on this site. I believe the two varieties for sale are yellow and yellow/amber (more like orange, which I think is said to be brighter).

But as Daguin said, they are still new so expensive. Not outrageously so, but definitely a premium price.

Still, I'd like a 15mw "desktop" yellow for my lumia wheel!

Since DX won't ship higher powered lasers to the states (assuming you're in the US), check out the TTL-driven lasers at Aixiz. There's a 15mW green available among others (red), and reasonably priced too. I think the red can be turned down in power too to get the right color mixing. You can then buy a dichro (here are the holders) at O-like and try some beam combining to get yellow.

Before you buy these higher powered lasers, you should also think about some laser safety goggles so that you're not spending your money on medical bills for your eyes, if you're even that lucky.