Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Heatsinks for C3

rhd

I'm looking for someone to make me 4x heatsinks for the C3 host. I don't want to have to send the hosts in this time, so I'm happy with the aixiz hole being at the large end of tolerance - worst case, I'll wrap a single later of copper film around the aixiz.

I'm looking for four (4) to build myself a matching set (405, 445, 635, 658) and potentially a 5th for 532.

So at last 4, maybe 5 depending on price. If anyone knows the host, and can quote me a price, that would be awesome. Here or PM is fine.

Last edited:

well jayrob sells them... so he should know i guess...
but there head size could vary .. i think.

rhd

True, however I believe both Jayrob and Flaminpyro like to have the hosts on hand before making heatsinks.

Kevlar

I would do it for you but having the host on hand is the best way to go about this. Then you can get the best fit the FIRST time. I'd be willing to do it without the hosts on hand and simply go by measurements but you would have to assume all responsibility for re-shipping/do over costs.

rhd

The idea is - I would like someone who has at least one on hand (to know the measurements) to make a set perhaps 0.5mm smaller than needed. I'm more than happy to use a wrap of copper film on my end to make the fit snug.

Kevlar

I don't have on hand but if you can get me the measurements I would do it cheap for ya. :beer:

do you already have the hosts?
if not you can just get 4 basic kits..

Last edited:

rhd

I do. I could - but to buy 4 basic kits for hosts I already own is silly, and wasteful, and expensive.

You know I would do it, but I always ask to have the actual host that the heatsink will be going in to. The word tolerances does not have a place in the Chinese manufacturing vocabulary. I never want to put my rep on the line by sending out heatsinks not knowing what the end fit result will be.

rhd

You know I would do it.

I know it :)

Thing is, I was hoping someone would just say "ya, I've got a C3 here, I'll make you 4x heatsinks that are 0.5mm smaller than needed, and you can worry about the spacing on your end"

These are just for me (I want a "keeper" matching set that I'd never sell or pass on to anyone else). For me, I'm 100% ok with using a wrap or two of pure copper film to take care of any space issues. I figured - getting it a bit small, would be fine.

At any rate, I'll wait until I move, and probably get this done properly :)

At any rate, I'll wait until I move, and probably get this done properly :)

Honestly this will be your best bet. I know you have used the CU wrap previously, but the $6 it will cost you to ship them to me or anyone else will really be worth it in the end results. Why wrap it you do not have to? If you want to ship them to me I will knock your shipping cost off of the final price just so you can do it right. I also just realized I have a host sitting here than I was thinking about sending to you, but then figured ah hell, I'll just wait and throw it in next time I mail to you. If you'd like to send them to me I can wait a return them to you until after you have finished the long haul move!
Either way, good luck bud!

rhd

If you want to ship them to me I will knock your shipping cost off of the final price just so you can do it right.

No, don't be silly Ray, I appreciate it, but that's not necessary. I'll do it the right way - but I'll PM you in a bit to figure out logistics.

Really it's just the chaos of moving in a few days that left me wanting to simplify the back and forth shipping, but it's really no big deal.

PS - I'm going to shoot up a thread about those three hosts tonight. D*%$ those are gorgeous hosts :)

I know, I REALLY liked them. However, one really stood out in the end to me. I am waiting to see which one really did it for you though. That was my heatsink polishing test run and man, did the polishing really set those two off!!