Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

WTB: front-surface mirrors

JohnD

Hello everyone. I'm looking for 3-4 front-surface mirrors, about 1" to 1.25" would be most ideal. Does anyone have any for sale, or want to point me to a website that has reasonable (cheap) prices?

Also, while you're reading this, do you have any recommendations on bidirectional 12v DC motors? Yeah, you know what I'm up to... :)

Thanks!

theres some at modwerx but theyre 15mm. high quality edmund optics fs mirrors.

I'm actually not too sure what you're up to. I'm guessing you want a liquid sky effect? But if so, why do you need the motors to be bidirectional?

I have a few to spare. Let me know your address and I will send them to you.

obviously a spirograph :)
been wanting to make one for a while
thanks for reminding me i need "proper" mirrors :)

I'm actually not too sure what you're up to. I'm guessing you want a liquid sky effect? But if so, why do you need the motors to be bidirectional?

I have optics for liquid sky. Looks great with 445nm!

I have a few to spare. Let me know your address and I will send them to you.

Awesome, thanks!

My guess would be a reverseable spirograph. :)

Yep!

obviously a spirograph :)
been wanting to make one for a while
thanks for reminding me i need "proper" mirrors :)

You're welcome, heh. :)

Ah, I didn't realize that he said motor(S). 12V seems a little beefy for a spirograph. I've used simple motors from broken CD/DVD drives (they are always bidirectional), fans from nearly any device, or else you could use small vibration motors/pager motors on Ebay. It's pretty easy to find motors nearly everywhere, and nearly all types will work fine.

12V seems a little beefy for a spirograph.

I'm looking for 12V because the laser power supply runs on 12V, and the whole system will be run from a 12V car/marine battery. I could add a stepdown transformer, or maybe a regulator, but that's wasted energy, added heat, and more work! :p

Your mirrors are shipping out today priority mail. Should be there very soon.

Back