Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Fibre coupled IR laser

There must be some of you who have purchased an LD only to find it has special needs so it goes in the drawer never to see the light of day again.....now may be the chance to offload it ;)

I need to get hold of a fiber coupled IR laser, lowest power around 1W, I have seen some on ebay but I am hoping to get one for less than the $100 start price I am seeing there.
I have various LD's winging there way around the world to me but only one is suitable for fiber connection and there is no guarantee on its power.
Let me know if you have anything, thanks.

Regards rog8811

JLSE

Have you checked out the Sunking modules on ebay? Not sure if they will suit your needs, but the c-mount can be changed and they come with TEC, mounts, and a nice long fiber.

I recomended these to another member who seems to be quite happy with the purchase, and he got them cheap as well. Nowhere near 100$ for 4-5 pieces, more like 15-30$ range.

Is sunking the seller?....goes to have a look...

Thanks wannaburn
Regards rog8811

[edit]The only sunking I can find has nothing for sale and a search for sunking module came up blank...good old ebay
"no results can be found for sunking the following were found for sinking" :)[/edit]

Thanks, you know I have been on ebay for hours today trying all kinds of searches and never came across that listing...
I see why I couldn't find the seller it is sunnking ( with 2 "n"'s)...I will put that down to not enough cafine as well :)..... just had a better look, here is the killer...

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• shiupping_costs.jpg
    shiupping_costs.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 74

JLSE

rog8811 said:
Thanks, you know I have been on ebay for hours today trying all kinds of searches and never came across that listing...
I see why I couldn't find the seller it is sunnking ( with 2 "n"'s)...I will put that down to not enough cafine as well :)..... just had a better look, here is the killer...

Regards rog8811

Waaat???!! When I check the shipping for Canada it shows UPS standard 20$ and expedited 131.$ :-?

Try contacting him for an adjusted price, or we can work out a deal for one of mine if you like ;)

I have just had a look at his Q&A he says they will only do UPS and it can be expensive......
PM will be with you soon wanaburn ;)

Regards rog8811

JLSE

rog8811 said:
I have just had a look at his Q&A he says they will only do UPS and it can be expensive......
PM will be with you soon wanaburn ;)

Regards rog8811

I think when I ordered 5 pcs I paid 15.50 average for the lot, 20$ shipping, then 20$ tax at the door. But for 5pcs with the goodies that come with, it was well worth it.

I also have some 980nm 3-4W c-mounts that will fit nicely in the internal mount if you need more power [smiley=evil.gif]

Go on quote me for them while you are at it, I have a nice big housing from a green module I could fit one into........ ;)

Regards rog8811