Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB, custom machined module

I will talk about what he wants me to do

They are a copper module that can fit Sanwu pocket and put a 9mm diode in it ,
Two tools are needed to prevent deformation and the diode can be pressed deep inside
Glad to be able to do a really fast job, he started PM from 1am and finish at 11am
Update is everything done, look forward to seeing everything succeed on your hand ,Daniel

Came out nice:)
It looks to be brass though..
Yes it is brass, not is good as copper but that's ok. It should move the heat into the host quite well.

Hi, Glad you contacted T on this he will do a great job for you, Its just that he's in Vietnam ..

Rich:)
Thanks for your time too Lifetime. It's amazing to have so many talented people to request strange stuff like this from.

Reactions: GSS
How do you plan on pressing diodes in this module? It is very important that the diode seat well in the module if you want it to transfer heat from the diode. That means in needs to seat all the way forward against the stop and not crooked as the beam will not be centered either.

You already ask a lot for very little $$ AND you need it in a week?? are u serious-- ???
and-- please finish your profile-- w/o a location some will not bother reply.. needs to be in yr profile.

You already ask a lot for very little $$ AND you need it in a week?? are u serious-- ???
and-- please finish your profile-- w/o a location some will not bother reply.. needs to be in yr profile.

Is this for me?

Does it have two parts, one that screws onto the module and the other that slides down the inside of the other to press the diode? If so, that sounds like it could work. Otherwise, I'm not so sure.

I'll be interested in your results.

I think it has a part that fits down the front half of the module and one for the back half.

Last edited:
Trinh made me a set of custom tools :). He came up with the idea.

Does it have two parts, one that screws onto the module and the other that slides down the inside of the other to press the diode? If so, that sounds like it could work. Otherwise, I'm not so sure.

I think it has a part that fits down the front half of the module and one for the back half.

Have you seen the tools we use to press modules into the AixiZ style modules? They are two parts. A sleeve that screws onto the back of the module with a sold steel press that fits inside the sleeve. You will need something like this to press your diode from only one side of your module. The other side doesn't need anything.

Is this for me?

I didn't even give a price, Trinh quoted me a price and I doubled it. I offered to pay for a rush order in the op. What is wrong with any of that?

I also dont need to finish my profile. What has my personal information got to do with this forum?

Have you seen the tools we use to press modules into the AixiZ style modules? They are two parts. A sleeve that screws onto the back of the module with a sold steel press that fits inside the sleeve. You will need something like this to press your diode from only one side of your module. The other side doesn't need anything.
This module is very thin. It will need support from both sides. I don't think I need the sleeve since the module is the sleeve.
Who else is here BUT no profile location?
You may want also to combine those back to back posts.
With a few rare exceptions no more than one post 'in a row'
Been a 'rule' for 12 years
edit/copy/ dele
then edit and paste them together into one post. thank you.
I will combine my posts but I am not updating my profile. Mind your own business. You aren't adding anything to this thread. Your nosnesne posts are cluttering the thread more than my double post.

I might have made the press a bit thinker as you only need enough room for the diode's pins to pass through it so they remain straight. With the walls being so thin you are only pressing the diode from the outside ring around the edge of it. I would have made it solid except for the room needed for the pins.