Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Bare chips (808nm, 660-630nm, and so on)

.3lite

Hey guys

I want to give it a try with bare chips, but I was unable to purchase them on ebay (couldn't find any). I'm looking for high-power chips of any wavelength, preferable 808 nm or less, multi mode ones will work too.

Please, if someone has few chips for sale (even from Chris) then let me know :) I would be glad to purchase them.

.3lite

Anyone? Perhaps someone can show me an auction on ebay where I can purchase few, since I have no idea what to put in the search box (laser diode chip? bare bar?).

I hope no one is worrying about any kind of warranty I would be expecting. I do realize how fragile they are and I have no intention of asking anyone for a warranty on these things.

.3lite

Both will do. It's just mounting, not the chip type as far as I can tell :)

Last edited:

rhd

Had tons. Gave them away. Can't remember to whom. Maybe if you search my posts through advanced search you can figure it out. Had hundreds, maybe thousands. IR and red, some very high powered. All unmounted emitters. Pain to work with. I think you need indium solder.

Last edited:

.3lite

Actually I was hoping for your message, I did read your old posts from 2011 or so and I believe you said back then that you had a lot. Too bad you don't have any now. I'm really hoping to purchase some of them for hobbyist purposes.

I have indium, but I have bismuth too. In fact there are a lot of alloys with melting points way below 110C e.g. In 51.0% Bi 32.5% Sn 16.5% which has a melting point of 60C, but that would be way too low for a laser unless you can keep the temperature down :p Rose's metal alloy would work fine though, Bi 50% Pb 28% Sn 22% with melting point of 109C.

Last edited:

.3lite

I would like to bring this thread up. I'm really looking forward to give few of them a try :)

I have some, just have to dig for them, 808 I think but might be higher nm.

Last edited:

pb1975

have dozens of used chips harvested from old laser printers mostly small printers
but also from large color printers.
how much would be the value of these chips?
I have them complete with driver electronics, optics and mirror motors in the laser box module.

.3lite

Hey

I do not believe I need them, since I have no use for them. I'm sure they are way below 10 mW range and IR which makes them unusable in any way.

pb1975

So this is only garbage, I can throw it to recycle… :cryyy:

Attachments

• obr.bmp
    621.9 KB · Views: 62
I will have to find them, it may take weeks before I come across them again, too much stuff I need to go through from a move, in storage and in the house, all in boxes upon boxes.