Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Any 561nm

Finally got my 561 today, a 15mW PGL-III-C from olympus mons.
Truly a fantastic color - it's one of my favorite WLs now for sure.
No camera can ever replicate it!
It was worth every penny of the $643 I paid, and a great pleasure to do business with Jeff.

I highly recommend 561 to any WL collector. :D

As a result of this new purchase, I am no longer accepting offers to sell me any 561s. :beer:

Sweeeeeet! :beer:

-Alex

Sta

must be the one that I fixed. I had it doing alot more than that at one point on my work bench. It's happiest around 1 amp. but it was set to 1.7A from the factory. I've manually gotten alot more though, but it is very hard on the diode. I imagine the alignment has sagged again. If you need me to look at it again i'd be happy to. I finally got some more of my proper adheisives in again, I had to do that fix on a hodgepodge a bit at the time. I'd love to be able to go back and fix my fix and make it more reliable or turn it into something custom.

Hey Kaiser! Thank you so much for your offer! I'd love to send it to you at some point!

What kind of power do you think you could get out of it? Right now, it's peaking at 20mW, and drawing 1.7A.

Sta- Im glad you love it as much as I did. It was a hard laser to part with but it isn't very practical for photography so I would rather have another person enjoy it then it just sit in a case. Enjoy and happy holidays to you all!

Hey Kaiser! Thank you so much for your offer! I'd love to send it to you at some point!

What kind of power do you think you could get out of it? Right now, it's peaking at 20mW, and drawing 1.7A.

That's what it's supposed to do. :) Though I think under active cooling and a higher current I got it to a lot more. 60-70 ish I think...But really that module was only designed to do 10mW or so to begin with, so...anything more than about that is a winner. CNI stuff isn't the greatest design-wise. They were designed to run 2A max, and anything over a bout 1.2 is pretty hard on the diode. Brass sucks at dissipating heat, and the PGL host is terrible at it too so they get uncomfortably warm within about 30 seconds. I been thinking of custom machining a special host for those modules for a while, but I don't know any good machinists that'd do it on a budget.

Sta- Im glad you love it as much as I did. It was a hard laser to part with but it isn't very practical for photography so I would rather have another person enjoy it then it just sit in a case. Enjoy and happy holidays to you all!

Long time no see. Glad to hear from you after all this time stranger!