Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Any 561nm

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I just received a quote back from CNI for a 5mW 561 GLP. It's $470USD with $60 shipping to Canada.

With that being said, you'll then need to have someone ship that laser down to the US for you, so you're looking at about $600 right there. :)

-Alex

If anyone goes forward with this, I hope it works out better than the last mini 561nm group buy feeler for 561nm modules, where all the modules were detained and then sent back to China.
That G.B. was to the U.S. though, so maybe Canada might work out better? We were so close to getting them, and then nope; we got our money returned, but it's not nearly as satisfying as having your own 561nm in your hands!

Last edited:

Wondering why they wouldn't ship to the USA? Should be fine for customs if it really is 5mW and just a module?

Otherwise, if anyone needs a connection to Canada, let me know

diachi

Wondering why they wouldn't ship to the USA? Should be fine for customs if it really is 5mW and just a module?

Otherwise, if anyone needs a connection to Canada, let me know

Hap already gave me a shout ;) Happy to help out - same goes for anyone else that needs to ship via Canada. :)

Sta

Hap already gave me a shout ;) Happy to help out - same goes for anyone else that needs to ship via Canada. :)

Thanks diachi, you're great. Finally going to get my 561 if this all works out. I would +rep you but I must spread some around first!

diachi

Thanks diachi, you're great. Finally going to get my 561 if this all works out. I would +rep you but I must spread some around first!

No worries! I offered to LPM Hap's if it's coming via me, although I think he still has an LPM. Let me know if you want yours done... :)

Assuming this all goes ahead that is! :p

Sta

No worries! I offered to LPM Hap's if it's coming via me, although I think he still has an LPM. Let me know if you want yours done... :)

Assuming this all goes ahead that is! :p

They'll most likely be shipped together, I think we should decide who gets which one based on a fair coin toss. :p

diachi

They'll most likely be shipped together, I think we should decide who gets which one based on a fair coin toss. :p

Dice roll, whoever rolls the highest gets the more powerful unit. :p

I'll let you guys work all that out ... just let me know whatever you need/want.

Sta

a 561 pointer would be a cool commodity. expensive as hell though for a pointer.

Yeah, but it's cheaper than a labby, and I'll probably end up using it a lot anyways. I use my 593.5nm and 450nm pointers very frequently, the 561 will likely be no different. :)

Last edited:
As soon as CNI writes up a quote for the 2pcs of the 561's this will be pretty much ready to go! :)

Edit: Sta, feel free to take the more powerful unit!

-Alex

Last edited:

Sta

As soon as CNI writes up a quote for the 2pcs of the 561's this will be pretty much ready to go! :)

Edit: Sta, feel free to take the more powerful unit!

-Alex

Thank you so much, Alex! That is incredibly gracious of you.

I cannot yet +rep you but I ask the entire forum to do so in my place. :)

Thank you so much, Alex! That is incredibly gracious of you.

I cannot yet +rep you but I ask the entire forum to do so in my place. :)

You are very welcome! I just used my Mom's phone and called up CNI directly for this order LOL! They are so nice and kind :) Expect a total soon!

-Alex

Sta

Finally got my 561 today, a 15mW PGL-III-C from olympus mons.
Truly a fantastic color - it's one of my favorite WLs now for sure.
No camera can ever replicate it!
It was worth every penny of the $643 I paid, and a great pleasure to do business with Jeff.

I highly recommend 561 to any WL collector. :D

As a result of this new purchase, I am no longer accepting offers to sell me any 561s. :beer:

I guess I need to see what 561nm looks like, I have parts from an eye laser; YAG, 1123 pass filter and LBO crystal to produce that wavelength someday, but I've never seen one.

must be the one that I fixed. I had it doing alot more than that at one point on my work bench. It's happiest around 1 amp. but it was set to 1.7A from the factory. I've manually gotten alot more though, but it is very hard on the diode. I imagine the alignment has sagged again. If you need me to look at it again i'd be happy to. I finally got some more of my proper adheisives in again, I had to do that fix on a hodgepodge a bit at the time. I'd love to be able to go back and fix my fix and make it more reliable or turn it into something custom.

Last edited: