Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB a laser from 150mW to 250mW

They block or greatly reduce the amount of light, for the wavelength that they are made for, from frying your retinas

What will you do when the lasers beam bounces off some highly polished surface you're not even aware of, & right into your eyes. Your blink reflex is just not quick enough to prevent damage from being done to your PRECIOUS EYES WHICH YOU ONLY HAVE TWO OF!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else out there following this & thinking that this person needs to read MORE about the DANGERS of LASER LIGHT before he turns on the one he has, AGAIN????

I don't want you to think that I'm trying to sell you eye protection just to make myself a few bucks. I don't care WHERE you buy your eye protection at all, just PLEASE, BUY SOME SOMEWHERE. For your own safety, OK ??? We want ALL our Forum Members to keep their sight as it was BEFORE they took up lasers for a hobby. Remember 20/20 are GOOD numbers & 00/00 are BAD numbers!!!!!!!!!

That's good news. When you buy your 1st laser, make sure you have enough $$$ for eye protection at the SAME time. Later just might be TOO late to save your eyes...rob

no i'm not even gonna turn it on until i get protection ;). but is there any place like home depot or somewhere like that to get some?

Generally some form of plastic like polycarbonate et al. I THINK stores that sell HIGH POWERED Lasers will sell eye protection also, but I'm not sure. On line is your best bet for QUALITY protection IMHO...............rob

If anyone else that is following this thread has some answers for pacislander007, by all means join in please.............rob

I have 1 pair left for red lasers & 1 pair left for green lasers & then I'm "SOLD OUT"...rob

k1kb0t

how do these goggles work?

Polycarbonate goggles are hardcoated and unbreakable with laser protection and absorptive dyes molded into the plastic. Utilizing non-reflective technology, energy is absorbed for a minimum of 10 seconds before loss of protection and will not photo-bleach or degrade over time.

Under normal diffuse viewing they should never wear out even if they get scratched. They should be thrown away and replaced under direct irradiation because it does begin to break down the dyes. If you see spots on the lenses that are slightly to grossly discolored the dyes may be no good in that spot. Be sure the spots are not like water spots or something like that. In many cases the surface will be pitted due to prolonged exposure to a single area (generally what happens when someone wants to see if they stop a beam and shoots one right though the lenses).

The comparison is to dielectric protective eye wear where the protective coating is applied to the surface of the lenses and could be scratched or ablated under direct irradiance and could lose effectiveness over time due to oxidation of the materials.

Laser Protective Eyewear : OEM Laser Systems, Inc., Precision Laser Equipment

Jon