Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 671nm portable

I'd like to build a 561nm laser but I need YAG line and OC mirrors to do so. Have some small 1 to 2 mJ YAG's which would work well if I could find the mirrors, already have the LBO crystal and YAG's. I am interested in mirrors for other yellow wavelengths too, if anyone sees 1123, 1319 or 1342nm YAG mirrors, please let me know.

Off topic. but There were some 561 OCs for that lumenis varia a while back. I have a few of those. but HRs are swine to come by for 561 without buying new.

I bought 4 of those 561nm OC mirrors for 1123 (some call 1122nm), but I don't have the back end side yet for a YAG cavity, I'd consider other OC mirrors for 561nm too.

Why did I buy 4 OC mirrors? I have four LBO crystals for 561nm, wanted plenty of extras in case I burn them out. I have some larger higher power YAG's I might want to try too.

Last edited:
I bought 4 of those 561nm OC mirrors for 1123 (some call 1122nm), but I don't have the back end side yet for a YAG cavity, I'd consider other OC mirrors for 561nm too.

Why did I buy 4 OC mirrors? I have four LBO crystals for 561nm, wanted plenty of extras in case I burn them out. I have some larger higher power YAG's I might want to try too.

Not sure why you have so many but cool. Though I highly doubt you'll ever be working with anything strong enough to damage and LBO or eight dielectric nea so I highly doubt you'll ever be working with anything strong enough to damage an LBO or a dielectric mirror. You have to have some serious power to do that.

I'm lacking high reflectors too. If I had a power source that was stable enough I could actually use a diode bar to pump mine. It's just the right size. I still would need to fabricate mounts and some other things. I could order mirrors for us but they'd be pretty expensive. Probably a few hundred dollars per mirror, but it could vary quite a bit depending on how many we bought.

Last edited:
I have no experience with DPSS, didn't know what I could do wrong to damage the crystal, maybe focus the IR beam into the crystal too tightly? Although I have only heard of that damaging KTP crystals, not LBO. I thought maybe if dirt got on the crystal from something floating in the air it could burn onto the crystal AR coating, or lens, so I bought extras. That, and I thought it might be cool to PBS cube combine the output of two crystals somehow.

If I can find a source for the right mirrors to make the most powerful yellow I can, I would be interested in them, even at that price range. Right now I have a couple of small YAG crystals which are AR coated for the IR to produce 594.3 or 561nm.

I have no experience with DPSS, didn't know what I could do wrong to damage the crystal, maybe focus the IR beam into the crystal too tightly? Although I have only heard of that damaging KTP crystals, not LBO. I thought maybe if dirt got on the crystal from something floating in the air it could burn onto the crystal AR coating, or lens, so I bought extras. That, and I thought it might be cool to PBS cube combine the output of two crystals somehow.

If I can find a source for the right mirrors to make the most powerful yellow I can, I would be interested in them, even at that price range. Right now I have a couple of small YAG crystals which are AR coated for the IR to produce 594.3 or 561nm.

All valid points to a degree, but if you want to discuss this let's take it to p.m. that way with this thread is not off-topic anymore, or create a new thread. Or you can catch me on Skype sometime.

Sta

mmhm. I have a CNI one I custom rebuilt. Its a great color, but if you're only looking for the wavelength I have stabilized diode builds that are far cheaper-but they're only like 20mW or so. DPSS ones are far more expensive and not common.

Kaiser, would you be willing to sell that rebuilt CNI to me? If so, at what price?

Kaiser, would you be willing to sell that rebuilt CNI to me? If so, at what price?

Not really it's the only one that I have and this isn't exactly as common, but maybe if the price was right, but odds are it'd be more than you'd be willing to pay.

Last edited:
I was actually going to recommend what Crazlaser did, the Orion Pro from LG. It'd be a complete tested 671nm portable but at $742 the price is quite excessive. Up to you :)

-Alex

Razako

You would basically need to get the Orion pro and then have somebody act as a middleman.

You would basically need to get the Orion pro and then have somebody act as a middleman.

That's what im doing with the Aries-20 I ordered from LG a few weeks back. I had it shipped to grainde, who then shipped it back to me and it's currently in transit back to me :yh:

-Alex

I think you'd do well to contact them and see if they'll sell if for a hundred less. Some companies have done that for me. Not by a hundred but by 50 and I think that price warrants asking.

I think you'd do well to contact them and see if they'll sell if for a hundred less. Some companies have done that for me. Not by a hundred but by 50 and I think that price warrants asking.

Possibly..... personally I don't think I'd get a 671nm anytime soon since it's color is so close to 650nm :)

-Alex

Razako

It's a pretty unpopular wavelength really. Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 671nm and 650nm unless the two were side by side. The only difference is how one costs like 50x more for the superior dpss beam specs. Not much of a hobby market for 671nm portables.

Last edited:
It's a pretty unpopular wavelength really. Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 671nm and 650nm unless the two were side by side. The only difference is how one costs like 50x more for the superior dpss beam specs. Not much of a hobby market for 671nm portables.

Indeed! We really haven't had much movement honestly in portable/easily accessible wavelengths as before when we had 520nm coming out, along with 515nm awhile back. Kind of a shame :(

-Alex

Sta

Indeed! We really haven't had much movement honestly in portable/easily accessible wavelengths as before when we had 520nm coming out, along with 515nm awhile back. Kind of a shame :(

-Alex

Definitely unfortunate. A few years back there were a lot of discussions on DPSS (especially 589) going down in price, but nothing much has happened. :(

What's so costly about making the dpss lasers? Is it labor intensive? Does it have expensive materials? I don't get it. If it's made by machines then it shouldn't be any harder than making a wristwatch.