Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wtb 532nm laser at 2w+ preferably over 2w

wtb 532nm laser over 2w, higher the better. will be using as i need a laser that can hit a spot 1 to 2 miles away in broad day light. can pay via PayPal, im in the uk.
thanks all

Great start, no introduction at all and that member name as well as asking for 2 watts at 532 nm. HMT?

what would you like to know about me? i posted a wtb on the wtb/wts forum.. yes im new, been into lasers for a while, i was recommended this site by a friend who is also into lasers. is my member name offensive? i like it as i find it quite hilarious, not meant to offend.

asking for 532nm at that power as i beleive it will be most visible. its needed for a target system we have at a local rifle range that is triggered by light, its got a tiny sensor on it though and the whole system is under a roof/hut sort of thing, so even in broad daylight, it hardly gets triggered. would like a strong laser to activate it at the range. we shoot from 1 mile up to 1.5 to 2miles. if any more info is needed, let me know.

It is funny, look for a two watt lab laser for that power.

maybe i dont need 2 watts? that could be overkill, i just need a laser powerful enough to work for this application, and it needs to run on its own juice as their is no plug sockets where itll be used

it doesn't need to be a tiny spot. i need to hit a sensor that is around 10 inches x 10 inches in size, so quite a large plate for a sensor, just need enough focused light to hit the plate to trigger it, a nice focused beam would be helpful though im sure

coincidence is that I have a pointer doing that, I can sell it to you, but I need to know what the minimum light intensity that the sensor can operate
Edit: prices of green pointers are not cheap, with power 1w, price is more 200$

And that is for 520 nm using a higher divergence direct to wavelength laser diode, 532 nm DPSS and you will pay a fair amount more and that’s for an unstable ~800 milliwatts, a lot more $ for a stable DPSS at over a watt.

Yes, I found that the diode with optical editing is the best thing, they are cheaper, more stable and can adjust the divergence.

If you don’t mind a fatter beam diameter, I agree, just add an expander if 2.6 mRad using a 6 mm diameter lens is too high, or have one built for you using a larger diameter longer focal length lens and you achieve lower divergence at less loss without adding more glass. Trinh can build one using a 3 inch diameter PCX lens soon. Maybe a NUBM44 7 watt blue with a beam expander on it might be more to your liking?

Last edited:
Newgazer on eBay had 1300 mW 532nm DPSS lasers for sale at $400.00 each. That is a pretty good price for one of these lasers. You can get close using a beam expander with a direct diode green laser.

I hadn't seen that, I don't see them listed now. Do you have a link to what they were, has anyone verified their stated output and checked stability? If I had seen that listing, I would have purchased it, that is a far, far lower price than I've heard of before for that amount of DPSS power.

Since he doesn't have them now, I wonder if they make that model anymore and why the price so low. I've asked Jetlasers if they would find an unusually high output PLE-Pro, but they never came through, I was hoping to find a 1200 mw DPSS 532 nm pointer at the price of a PLE-Pro, have never seen a 2 watt 532 nm pointer anywhere yet, I think there was one manufacturer making a high power DPSS 532 nm pointer which may have approached it though, can't remember the company name, it wasn't cheap..

Edit: Here it is, 1400 mw: https://www.optotronics.com/proddetail.php?prod=Opto1400-Portable

I just prefer a DPSS due to the smaller beam diameter at a decent amount of divergence compared to an expanded 520 nm pointer, I have two expanded 520 direct to wavelength laser diode pointers, one expanded to 30 mm, the other expanded to 125 mm.

Last edited:
I just found that a moment before you posted, but it's not a pointer. My bad, Paul didn't write pointer, but I thought pointer.

I just found that a moment before you posted, but it's not a pointer. My bad, Paul didn't write pointer, but I thought pointer.

You also build by buying such a module, removing them and using a driver, I'm not sure because I haven't seen it yet, but you can contact seler
it is more expensive 100-150$