Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 510 to 22mm Adapter, or full DTR 22mm heat w/ adapter.

Hey so I recently bought a mech mod shortly before DTR lost his supplier of 510 to 22mm threaded adapters. He still has the heat sinks but no longer has any adapters I guess. I really like the look of his heat sinks and I would love to be able to actually use the mech mod considering I don't actually vape. If you have any spares, adapters, or full built modules+heatsinks I'd gladly take them off your hands for you ;)

AaronT

DTR has lost interest in sourcing parts for his 22mm modules.

He has expressed concern that the vape regulations could cause johny law to stick their nose in his business.

The part you are looking for is the "510 adapter for 3d RDA tanks" I search using combinations of (510, adapter, 3d, RDA).

They were on fasttech site but they went out of production.

I contacted a mfr in china (via alibaba) that lists the same product a while back and they wanted 1$/ea with a 1000pc min order.

Since I made the request a bunch have popped up with a 20pc min order.

22mm 510 adapters

They also pop up on ebay from time to time but lately I can only find complete RDA/3D style tanks that are complete like this one.

Tank with 510 adapter

So it can be done, your just going to have to source your own 510 adapters.

AaronT

There may be potential for a group buy.

I'm toying with the idea of offering to take on the liability of assembling and selling the 510 modules myself and paying DTR to produce the non-vape related components.

I just don't know if there is enough demand for them to justify the investment on my part.

DTR has lost interest in sourcing parts for his 22mm modules.

He has expressed concern that the vape regulations could cause johny law to stick their nose in his business.

The part you are looking for is the "510 adapter for 3d RDA tanks" I search using combinations of (510, adapter, 3d, RDA).

They were on fasttech site but they went out of production.

I contacted a mfr in china (via alibaba) that lists the same product a while back and they wanted 1$/ea with a 1000pc min order.

Since I made the request a bunch have popped up with a 20pc min order.

22mm 510 adapters

They also pop up on ebay from time to time but lately I can only find complete RDA/3D style tanks that are complete like this one.

Tank with 510 adapter

So it can be done, your just going to have to source your own 510 adapters.

I don't know how you found those but you must be way better at google than I am. Thanks a ton for that! :D

AaronT

My google fu is strong.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Just got to know the right magic words.

etc, etc.

Thanks and no prob.

DTR

I think these are ones I tried a while back as they looked shiny chrome plated which was nice and why I grabbed some but they ended up having different threading and not fitting the modules.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...3b6d45053131fb8687efac79fd868d3::::1471558122

But there was a listing on Alibaba that had one that looked like the one fastech was offering but regardless of the picture you would want to make sure the threading is right.

I will try to dig up the thread specs for you. Also I can still supply the units in the 22mm modules just not with the adapter. If the end user wanted to get the 510 adapter though another vendor that would work and is as easy as pushing out the 510 pin, thread the positive lead through, screw on the adapter with the positive lead going through the hole where the 510 pin was removed, strip about 1.5mm of the end of the positive lead and push it back flush with the exit hole and then push the 510 pin back in wedging the stripped positive wire between the plastic spacer and the 510 pin. No soldering required. I do put some lock tight holding the adapter on the module so it does not come loose when screwing on and off mods or turning the focus head.:beer:

Last edited:
I may be pulling a module from one of mine if I could get it apart. Jordan how do you get these apart for repairs without scratching or mauling the surface? I might be able to help him out.

AaronT

I may be pulling a module from one of mine if I could get it apart. Jordan how do you get these apart for repairs without scratching or mauling the surface? I might be able to help him out.

If he used red loctite (most likely) you should just need a couple pliers. Use leather between the pliers and module.

If he used red your going to need to heat the part to 500 degrees then do the above.

AaronT

For those concerned I found the MFR for bulk orders of this part. Link

Maybe a group buy could be organized?

I sent an inquiry for 100 of them.

Last edited:
I think these are ones I tried a while back as they looked shiny chrome plated which was nice and why I grabbed some but they ended up having different threading and not fitting the modules.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...3b6d45053131fb8687efac79fd868d3::::1471558122

But there was a listing on Alibaba that had one that looked like the one fastech was offering but regardless of the picture you would want to make sure the threading is right.

I will try to dig up the thread specs for you. Also I can still supply the units in the 22mm modules just not with the adapter. If the end user wanted to get the 510 adapter though another vendor that would work and is as easy as pushing out the 510 pin, thread the positive lead through, screw on the adapter with the positive lead going through the hole where the 510 pin was removed, strip about 1.5mm of the end of the positive lead and push it back flush with the exit hole and then push the 510 pin back in wedging the stripped positive wire between the plastic spacer and the 510 pin. No soldering required. I do put some lock tight holding the adapter on the module so it does not come loose when screwing on and off mods or turning the focus head.:beer:

Yeah I'm thinking of buying a heat sink from you soon then. I really like the way they work with these mech mods :D

You won't need to do that because I will just buy the parts myself now that I know where to get them. Thank you for your offer though! :beer:

Luckily I was able to get one of Jordan's last modules from him. And I really must say that this is the closest to "plug and play" that you'll get with a laser build! I used one of those Aspire CF Mods, and the adapter/module looks like it was purposely built for it! Hopefully we can source more of these adapters, cuz they looks really nice.

DTR

Yea for repairs or changing of parts I take the module out the front. You should be able to get it out far enough to get hold of the positive wire and pull on it which will sever at the base where the pin is. Then I do what I want to do with the module. Then knock the 510 pin back out and feed the wire back through. Set the module and reset the 510 pin pinching the positive lead as described before. I never remove the adapter after initially building the unit as that could scratch it.:beer:

Hi
Never knew it would come to this but it did these are awesome sinks . I'm luck I have bought 4 of them a while back and there sitting on the work bench still in the tissue paper. Wow I struck gold lol !!

Rich:)

DTR

Found an adapter today that I had overlooked and built myself a nice personal unit. Used my mill to flatten out a sink shelf in the back for the driver. Set up a NUBM07 in a copper module with short back half and a SXD set to 4.9A. Since it will be shorter run time I am willing to risk the high current and maybe get a nice little push up in the wavelength. Here is the build. Came out pretty awesome.