Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 460nm blue high power diode, and Yellow Laser 577nm or 586nm

Hi, I am looking for a 460nm diode (I know about the 462 on DTR's website) but I am looking specifically 460nm, please let me know if someone is selling one, trying to get as close at 460nm as possible, will pay extra for a graph or so that shows the wavelength of the diode.

Also looking for 577nm and or 586nm laser.

rhd

If you look in DTRs thread about the M462, I posted a spectrometer test of one of the diodes.

I still have that exact diode. I haven't touched it since that test.

Also looking for 577nm and or 586nm laser.

How much $ you got? :D

Only lasers I know that are close to those wavelengths is a dye laser @ 575nm and a DPSS laser @ 589nm! Im not sure those wavelengths exist, so someone who knows more then me will most likely chip in if they do. I do know those won't be cheap though!

-Alex

Last edited:
577nm is an OPSL used in the surgical industry for photocoagulation of retinal bleeds. Units generally run several thousand dollars as surplus and tend to be incredibly hard to "hack".

586nm is a Raman line of Vanadate. These units are RARE. I've never seen one up for surplus. Price is in the league of unicorns.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your target application and budget?

Last edited:
I wasnt expecting the cost to be in the thousands, so ill take out the 577, as for the 586 or 589, I seen some smaller handhelds and a 460nm blue that I am currently talking to DTR about, budget is like couple hundred for each, less than $1000 for sure.

Ah, I figured as much. It can be surprising to find out the costs when you just look at the wavelengths available. Basically if it hasn't made it into the hobby market it will be an extreme amount of money.

589nm is your best bet for an inexpensive yellow. Unfortunately it is near impossible to get an overspec or solid performing unit "new" now, as several companies have made announcements that production of DPSS handhelds are coming to a close (given the issues with import/export legality). The demand for yellow and 473nm blue (since the advent of 450nm direct diode) are the lowest of all the handhelds, so there isn't much reason to produce them, and as such stock numbers are incredibly low. Other more common and in demand wavelengths are still easy enough to get good units of, for now. many of us flocked to the retailers and merchants when the announcement was made, and effectively bought up the last of the high quality stock. Late comers have been receiving defective and underperforming units. So, if you're looking for a solid 589, best to hit up one of us who got the good units while we could.

I have seen tri-diode handheld lasers on youtube before, and just came across these RGB 1W TTL Laser Module Combined Laser Beam OF 532nm 660nm 450nm W TEC Cooling | eBay

would it be possible to combine 2 or 3 diodes, of the basic colors RED (638nm) BLUE (445nm) and GREEN (520nm), and adjust the Current to change the intensity of each diode and using that make a custom colour?

Might be a stupid question, but I have striplights with red blue and green leds really close together, and by altering the power it can combine and make many colours.

Yup, its been done. You need three analog modulated drivers set to the correct current ranges and the three diodes (if using a DG520 for green) have to be selected to have the proper white balance. You then need a custom platform to hold the custom optics mounts, modules, and drivers. See where I'm going? Quite expensive and a tremendous amount of work. We've had a few stellar members make such a beast though, just search for RGB handheld.