Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 445nm Laser

Looking to get a 445nm laser. Something fairly powerful enough to easily see the beam at night time.

Budget is $100 + S&H. I am located in San Carlos, CA 94070.

Post/PM me your offers.

Last edited:

ARG

I think blord has 501b lasers in your price range.

the beam is much easier to see with green lasers

50mW of 532 has same preceived 'brightness' as 1W of blue-

from the side beams are less visible that from behind or when facing the laser ---all visible wavelengths look much brighter--

You should have eyeware BEFOR buying and be sure it covers the color you are buying.

IF you cant afford ANY then you also cant afford to buy the laser-IF you can ATM only afford cheap eyeware- do that - then save up for better and retire your cheapies as 'guest glasses' but make sure the still stay well away from the 'danger zones'

Once they are iin a 'safe zone' they can safely view your lasers- BUT need to know if they move about they need to have them on. This is all true when using a laser projector- which IMO is safer than a handheld used without taking care.

". I am located in San Carlos, CA 94070." well if that was to be a secret its out there now- SO-- WHY not just place that into your profile so we will know every time we read your posts or threads--

you have been her a month longer than me-- its time--

If you are up to building I can send you a 445 diode, an AixiZ blank 12X30 module and a nice host with huge heat sink for your price point... the building and other parts is all on you--

hak

As Mr.Hak said, green may be a ton better for seeing the beam mW to mW. But if you just want a blue laser (I like them too) then you should check out Sci-Fi-Lasers if you have not already done so. You will be able to get a 1w blue laser there for under $100 (including shipping costs).
Be safe and use eye ball guards :yh:.

Last edited:
I already have eyeware and I wanted a 445nm, not green. I included where I am located just so people can approximate shipping costs

I already have eyeware and I wanted a 445nm, not green. I included where I am located just so people can approximate shipping costs

Ok then. And I think Hakzaw meant adding your location under your avatar.

Last edited:
yeah that was the reason-- and , for sure, that is your choice to make--
its just a pet peeve of mine - location makes a big difference when asking some advice and its better if we know a tad more about location-in every post or thread--

I had not really looked at your join date until after I mentioned the eye ware part- otherwise i would have known you had protection--

was your zip already there>>?? duh on me- the zip is plenty-- sry for even bringing this up--my bad..

from my reads Sci-fi has good stuff-

hak

Well I may want a green for myself. Where would be a good place to get that from? I am thinking something around 100-200mw

Well I may want a green for myself. Where would be a good place to get that from? I am thinking something around 100-200mw

Well, Sci-Fi Lasers is sold out of green lasers at the moment but there are a number of good deals at Laserbtb (Skylasers). For an HL 532nm 100mW green, it would be $98 with around $20 standard shipping. $131 for a 200mW laser. Laserbtb has a fairly good reputation on LPF too. I have only heard of a few situations where someone's laser got stuck at customs when shipping.

SN P

Where would be a good place to get that from? I am thinking something around 100-200mw

Well, Sci-Fi Lasers is sold out of green lasers at the moment

If you send a message to Eitan (TheJoker301) I'm sure he'll sort you out with a nice 200mW 532nm, may be a bit of a wait though. I think it costs something like $55 + shipping

upaa27

sci fi lasers has a really nice 532nm for under $100.

1w 445s are really easy to find here for under $100. Ask blord, eitan, or anyone who sells lasers here.

I Have a 2.1W blue from sci fi lasers and it is crazy bright , especially at night . even a 1w blue will have a super bright beam, prob more than 100mw green, at least thats how my eyes are, everyone sees some colors better than others.. though my 600mw green is brighter than them all, its good that you have goggles, once you have blue you will definitely be tempted to burn lol
one thing is the blue beam is much thicker than green, not a big deal but worth noting

if you get a blue be sure your friends know how dangerous it is b4 they use it..

green and blue go great together, id say get both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il3JIjMLq4I&list=UUyPAx4SCfyEBFpLIyQAN6qg

if you do this make sure there is no one around lol would not want to hit someone .

Last edited:
Here is one to consider:
5 in1 Special 1.2W 450nm blue laser star torch /focusable [OL-BU-1W] - $129.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

o-like has a mixed reputation. I bought a similar aka nearly identical except for labeling unit from lazerer some great time ago. paid lazerer like $270 then, so this is a good deal. mine was on spec when new, now it is doing 900mW-1W, but has seen lots of use and is my oldest high powered unit

cons:
must go through customs, I personally have never had a package taken (out of around 10 shipments), but that does not mean it cant happen

batteries, charger, and "safety glasses" included are garbage

pros: kick ass effects caps, and it's around the cost of other very inexpensive ones builders here offer

Between a 100mW 532nm and a 1W 445nm, which is brighter and has a bigger beam?

Between a 100mW 532nm and a 1W 445nm, which is brighter and has a bigger beam?

The 1w blue would have a much bigger/thicker beam and might be slightly brighter than a 100mW green. Green lasers typically have very thin beams and better divergence.

Last edited:
between the 2 in my vid 1100 mw vs 100mw the blue is quite a bit brighter.. they say your eyes start to see blue a bit better at night, not as much as green but its closer.. and the blue has a fatter rectangle beam and the green a thin round one