Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

WTB 1W ~520nm

XxultraxX

Im looking for a 1w handheld laserpointer Blue or Green.

Mine got stolen.. I got safety glasses.

XxultraxX

Damn.. Are lasers really that expensive today? Back in the day i could find it for under 100$?

Encap

Damn.. Are lasers really that expensive today? Back in the day i could find it for under 100$?
Not green and very few only low quality blue perhaps for under $100

A 1W green laser was never ever under $100--so guess you never actually had one.
532nm green DPSS laser were mostly 1mW per $1 so a 1Watt was around $1000, in today's world they are less more like 1/2 that.
A JetLasers 800mW 532nm green is $499.99 see: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php...dapter-no/49-goggles-no/33-power_levels-800mw

520nm direct diode green lasers have not been around and long and have worse beam quality but were never 1W for under $100---just the diode alone, not a complete laser is more than $100 so... see: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrslasershop/home/diodes/ndg-1w-520nm

Maybe you mean 1mW or 100mW ---lowest end, low cost, low quality mass produced, no resale value, throw away if malfunctioning 532nm green lasers are available on eBay for $5-$10 which typically are between 50mW and 100mW see: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_osacat=0&_odkw=green+laser+pointer+50+miles

All JetLasers products are high quality lasers --all wavelengths that Jetlasers make are excellent lasers.

Keep in mind a 532nm green is 10X brighter visually than a 445nm blue at same output--so a 200mW 532nm green is as bright as a 2W 445 blue. Depends if you want visual brightness or output power for whatever reasons

Please make a Welcome post in the Welcome sub-forum.

PS --in case you didn't see---under the heading in the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum it says: "Buy, sell, and trade lasers and/or laser pointers. Minimum 20 laser related posts required before thread creation. " not 20 seconds after joinng and nobody is going to do anything with an unknown new member with no track record or credibility anyway

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, Encap has it pretty much covered; IMHO, you won't find a higher quality commercial laser than Jetlasers, or better customer service either.
Another quality product to check out would be Sanwu laser, or if you want a custom built unit, you could contact Lifetime17, who is a member here.

Last edited:

XxultraxX

@Encap In that case it probably wasnt a 1w laser then, and I Was probably scammed.. I bought it for what's about 81$ in a danish ebay company.

paul1598419

What color was the beam? If it was green, it had to be either a 532nm DPSS laser or a direct diode 520nm laser. If it was blue, then it was likely a 445nm diode as those are still the most popular in blue at that power level. It could have been a cheap 303 version of the 532nm laser, but that would only be ~80 mW.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
@Encap In that case it probably wasnt a 1w laser then, and I Was probably scammed.. I bought it for what's about 81$ in a danish ebay company.
Oh, now I see. 1 watt of ebay power. This usually translates into about 30mW in real world power. Did your laser that got stolen burn things? A real 1 watt laser is a decent fire starter. When focused to a tight point a 1 watt laser will burn just about anything that will burn.

XxultraxX

@paul1598419
The color was Green yeah.

@WizardG
It was capable of burning matches, paper towels and pop balloon.
I didnt really test its power on anything Else..

The Danish Ebay company i used is where private persons only resell stuff to each other.
No retailers.

Spoomples

Some folks on the forums are selling 1W 520nm lasers for ~$150, and there are probably sub $100 blue or reds for sale as well. You could also buy parts from DTR and get a decently sized host from here to build it yourself, which would cost around the same.