Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WT Trade PHR-803T for Long Open Can

daguin

The title says it.

I went to start a project and realized that all of the long open cans I had were already in aiXiz modules. I am going to build this one with a Merideth module. Instead of pushing one out, I would like to see if someone has one harvested that they would like to trade for a 803T blu-ray. The blu-ray is harvested, still in its heatsink, with the ribbon still on it.

Peace,
dave

Kenom

I'd be happy to push the diode out safely from any module you have. I've sucessfully extracted the diode from many a barrel head and aixiz module with my handy dandy remover.

DSC00114.jpg

Or I could sell you one premade you could use yourself for $5 plus shipping. $1.40

daguin

Kenom said:
I'd be happy to push the diode out safely from any module you have. I've sucessfully extracted the diode from many a barrel head and aixiz module with my handy dandy remover.

Or I could sell you one premade you could use yourself for $5 plus shipping. $1.40

Thanks for the offer Kenom. I actually have a plan for these in the aiXiz modules. That's why I put them in there. I just thought that I had another in "the bag." Seems kind of wasteful (and potentially harmful to the diodes) to be swapping them around. Anyway, there is a computer fair tomorrow down the road. I'll just run down there and get a drive or two. It'll be faster than the mail as well.

Peace,
dave

I miss computer shows :( Jacksonvile, Florida {oooooooooo, I LIKE that ! Jackson-VILE ! HAHAHAHA !!} used to have them about every 6 weeks - used to be some pretty cool crap out there on occasion ! There is supposed to be a smaller (not "Marketpro") show here somewhere, but I guess I haven't looked too hard :p

yo daguin,

I'll trade ya for a 20x long open can for your blu ray. i've been wanting a blu ray for a long time now and I have 3 extra long open cans. its from the Sony deal on NewEgg.

i'll send a PM. I can ship it out to you on Monday if you want to do it.

just curious, what current should your blu ray be pushed at? like 40mA??

sk8er4514 said:
If you like dim lasers, then go with 40mA ;D Try 90mA-100mA, if you want to push them you can easily get over 100mW out of these things.

daguin

Re: WT Trade PHR-803T for Long Open Can (CLOSED)

sk8er4514 said:
yo daguin,

I'll trade ya for a 20x long open can for your blu ray. i've been wanting a blu ray for a long time now and I have 3 extra long open cans. its from the Sony deal on NewEgg.

i'll send a PM. I can ship it out to you on Monday if you want to do it.

OK. You're on. [highlight]This offer is now CLOSED[/highlight]

Styropyro is correct. These seem to be very happy to be driven at around 100mA

Please send it priority and make sure it is protected.

Peace,
dave