Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wow, a 5000mw 532nm... it gets BETTER!

Kizaru

So can anyone try and guess what this guy is talking about?

Hello people, I bought the green laser and it all has been well supplied. Although there needs to raise a lot of patience because the delivery will take very long, almost 4 weeks, but when you experience it once did that is understandable. The laser was unfortunately not quite right, because the battery gets a bad connection. It is because because the housing is out 2mm to 3mm in size. To solve this problem there are two pieces of copper two-cent coins to get in the back to compensate for this distance against better contact. Furthermore, I reached Noted that the laser power is not quite at the 3000 mW line. By measuring the current I am with three 1.5 V batteries (4.5V), I have come to a maximum value of 420 mA. Mathematically, this results in pure (P = V x I) is a power value of 1890 mW in the circuit, so the actual line, the laser I have this against all attempts to perform again with fresh batteries, and am therefore come at a voltage of 4.7 V to a maximum peak current of 0.5A. This yields a value for the laser power of 2.35 W which does not quite reach to the 3W. You also have to correct a little the idea it was to see the laser beam during daylight hours. Is not the case even if the sky radiates only diffuse daylight. In a darkened apartment, however as at dusk is a Wonderful Eye for an infinite long green laser beam visible. Nevertheless, I am broadly satisfied with the delivery and the seller can recommend with all the friendship continues. I am also pleasantly surprised that over such long distances is a commercial relationship with China is very successful. thank you Martin Radespiel

DrSid

Looks like google translate .. still he clearly says the laser takes 2W at the battery. Which could be about 1W at the pumping diode .. 300mW in the green at best .. 100mW more likely, of course there is no limit to how low these can go.

hoo7h

Actually a friend of mine bought me one as gift, 5000mw 450nm :thinking:

Of course its not 5000mw, but its not that bad tbh, probably like 500mw.

DrSid

Yeah .. maybe they just add one more zero. That would almost be fair, right ?
:umbrella:

In all honesty, I'd buy one just to gut it to use as a host. But it's overpriced for that purpose as well. I love the 5W green laser using a single 123A battery. They must be using nuclear batteries.

I wonder how many people have never gotten any product after purchase.

Dude this site makes me want to puke on the owners chest during a casual conversation. Me= :barf::takeit: =Owner

Last edited:

Tyriel

The problem is that the average user buying a laser pointer has no idea what the difference is between 5mW, 5W or even 5MW. All they know is that the bigger the better and it doesn't get much better than 10000mW :evil:

Hah.
Of course this is until someone orders a "5MW" pointer, and it turns up in a suitcase with two armed guards, requiring 3 phase and water cooling.

-A

DrSid

Hah.
Of course this is until someone orders a "5MW" pointer, and it turns up in a suitcase with two armed guards, requiring 3 phase and water cooling.

-A

Fine with me as long as it costs $10. :beer: