Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Would I be able to use this as a host?

So I was digging around in some of my drawers to look for stuff that I might be able to sell and a came across an old Guideseman 3xAAA focusable 4-mode flashlight. I was wondering if it would be possible to use it as a host for a 5-25mW green laser while still being able to use the focusable head to focus the laser (if that's not possible it's fine), and how I would go about doing this. I've never built a laser before, so I have no idea how any of this works. :/

I really like the look of the flashlight, but I use my phone as my flashlight 99% of the time, so I decided it would be smart to turn it into something I would actually use, and this way I don't have to shell out extra cash for a host :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if the photos aren't the best, I use my phone for that too :p

Update: I would be fine with a 405nm 25-50mW build if a green isn't possible/too difficult, but I would prefer the green.

ZHBicRvh.jpg

OfpQHvRh.jpg

EXJP0ckh.jpg

UEgYiaCh.jpg

b95uNu4h.jpg

Last edited: