Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Worlds Oldest "flowing" water discovered.

Way cool!
New discoveries like this prove that there is still so much more to discover.

Gun

That's pretty amazing, thanks for sharing, +1 :)

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Really cool. Wonder what would happen if you drank some? :D Taste?

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

We don't know for sure yet, but scientists are speculating that this old water maybe contain living organisms despite its isolation.

Woah, surprised anything could still possibly be alive in it after so long. Doesn't seem like a great idea to drink then. Who knows what weird bacterial infection you could get from that. I admit I've drank all sorts of weird water from canals, lakes and caves without any purification process, but at least if I got sick from that we'd know what it is and how to treat it. Billion year old bacteria? Who knows. :eek:

Eeeeww! :barf:

Thanks for the update djQ. All in the name of science. Tripped me out that it is that different from normal water.

Agreed 2007rev she should be monitored for a possible Zombie outbreak ;)

~ LB

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Eeeeww! :barf:

Thanks for the update djQ. All in the name of science. Tripped me out that it is that different from normal water.

Agreed 2007rev she should be monitored for a possible Zombie outbreak ;)

~ LB

I remember a few years ago I was out with my friends on a really warm dry day and the water fountains on the Ottawa river pathway were out of service. :( So I drank a large amount from the river (none of my friends would touch the river water :rolleyes:). Later that week I learned there had been an accidental release of unprocessed sewage into the river from the city's treatment plant upstream. :barf::barf::barf: Luckily I didn't get sick. :D

Oh you are soooo lucky you didn't get sick! I remember going to Yosemite National Park and we had to filter the water for parasites. It looked like some of the cleanest tastiest water ever :thinking:

~ LB

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I remember going to Yosemite National Park and we had to filter the water for parasites. It looked like some of the cleanest tastiest water ever :thinking:

~ LB

I have been told that lots when I'm at national/provincial parks and lakes here. Maybe they just say that out of abundance of caution (or so they don't get sued :p)? I've never bothered to filter or boil the water. I must have drank gallons of "raw" water over the years out of lakes and rivers around Ontario (it tastes so much better than processed water :D) and never once got sick.

I'll keep that in mind, I was with a Biology teacher and some students at the time. It was the most delicious water I'd ever had. So strange that water could taste so good.

~ LB

That's the taste of fish poop and whatever other animals upstream leave behind ;)

djQUAN

^ lol

I must have drank gallons of "raw" water over the years out of lakes and rivers around Ontario (it tastes so much better than processed water :D) and never once got sick.

You must have a strong stomach or immune system. I guess you can tag along with Bear Grylls out in the woods. :D