Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

World's biggest laser idiots

Laik

:wtf: That could of seriously hurt that kid! Also, that laser looks more than 5mW for a red.

gismo

:wtf: That could of seriously hurt that kid! Also, that laser looks more than 5mW for a red.

Well, a malevolent smile is deep down there in all of us...but at the end of the day, no one would wish such an outcome for him/herself. Shall videos like "the dog chasing laser dots and similar" be a simple warning when fun starts turning into something not so amusing:shhh:

Laik

I find the videos of the dogs biting people because they have a laser on them amusing but at their balls is a bit too much for me. What if the dog was hyped up and squashed them and.... you can imagine the rest yourself. :barf:

I find the videos of the dogs biting people because they have a laser on them amusing but at their balls is a bit too much for me. What if the dog was hyped up and squashed them and.... you can imagine the rest yourself. :barf:

not good not good :tsk:

Its always the small minority that stuff it up for the rest hence why the laser laws seem so over the top 5mw US 1mw in Australia and UK rather over kill

Paul Stanley is just posturing; I didn't see any laser dots and it's not as if the bright stage lights would drown out even a 5mW pointer. You'd see SOMETHING from the audience, the dot dancing around.

Watch this video of him as well, lecturing somebody else with a "laser": Paul Stanley vs Laser Pointer Guy, Portland OR 2009 - YouTube

Notice how both tirades occurred before their "rock city" song or whatever? Coincidence? I doubt it. Even the intonation of his voice is exactly the same. These incidents were fake, IMHO; nobody lased him. He just wanted to look tough on stage and work up the audience a bit, nothing more.

ETA: Here is another one where Stanley yells at one of the spotlight operators, obviously staged: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubjLqKVv2Lw

He just does this sort of thing to rile up the audience, which is OK in concept, but I really take issue with it when it comes to lasers because it puts our hobby at risk for NOTHING. It's dishonest, and it's wrong, and Stanley ought to be called out on it.

Thanks for nothing Paul.
flickoff_zps50a3f802.gif

Last edited:
I know someone who told me he was using a laser to aim at a street light next to his home, turning it off and a helicopter pilot saw it, identified his residence and he was arrested. Whether he was really just pointing at a street light and accidentally hit a helicopter he didn't see, as he said, or this happened like that, I don't know.