Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wonderful coincidence + my return

Sta

Hello folks!

I took yet another long leave of absence recently, and for multiple reasons. I started an internship at a laser company, for one. But another thing I discovered, and which fascinated me, is cryptocurrency mining, specifically Monero.

I'm sure most of you have heard of Bitcoin - it's the most popular cryptocurrency and a great way to get away from the government. Unfortunately, you need massive farms to mine it nowadays, and it's also not quite private. But enough about that.

I found out about Monero, which is a cryptocurrency with mandatory privacy provisions - and it's also mineable on home computers.

Which brings me to the amazing coincidence I experienced a couple of weeks ago!

Recently, I've started mining Monero at a website called usxmrpool.com - and about 0.5% of miners use that same website. It was interesting and all, but after a few weeks of mining, I saw an familiar name join the chat room for the mining pool: "ddenLPF"! Yep, it's our very own dden4012, who somehow managed to find the same small Monero pool without ever talking to me about it.

Which reminded me that I miss you guys here at LPF. So I'm back!

:beer:

Last edited:

Rivem

Good to see you back! We've been wanting you to join in the vet discord chat, but we weren't sure where you were.

Sounds like a cool internship though. What are you doing with them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sta

Sta

Sounds like a cool internship though. What are you doing with them?

I'm designing a laser lifetime tester module. Essentially, you throw eight 5.6mm diodes in it, and put them through hell until they die!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back Sta! :beer:

Edit: Torturing diodes to death, sounds like fun. :yh:

Last edited:

Rivem

I'm designing a laser lifetime tester module. Essentially, you throw eight 5.6mm diodes in it, and put them through hell until they die!

That's awesome. I really like doing test equipment. It's pretty fun.

What are you studying that's put you in the internship?

Lets find another block!
Yeah saw his name come up in the chat box and my world became very small. Had some thoughts about the Truman Show. Out of all variables paths crossed. Crazy right?

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we aren't each a channel on the earth entertainment network.

Encap

Small world!

Welcome back Sta.

Nice to see you on the campus once again.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Glad to see you back Sta. :beer:

9b7.jpg

:p

Welcome back Sta...
How about telling us a bit about this "mining"
stuff with a computer.
All I know about mining is going into a
mine shaft with a Pick Axe and Shovel..

Jerry