Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL RMA Request

My fiance was nice enough to buy me an E3 200mw WL red laser in Feburary but about two months ago the diode seemed to have LED'd for no reason during operation. I had her forward me the purchase email for information then I followed WL's link and submitted an RMA request yesterday morning here.

Wicked Lasers

I described the problem to them and even gave them a couple links to pictures of the problem.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3542/dsc00427cq.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4097/dsc00428fe.jpg

It's still under their one year warranty and I said that I would be happy with a speedy relpacement or repair. I still haven't heard back from them. Is this normal for their service? Am I taking the right course of action here? Is it likely that I will have a working E3 again soon or am I likely SOL?
Thanks,
Kyle

Just get refunded if you can, (which you should because i dont think they have anymore of those e3s) and build yourself a red one. You may even be able to re-use the host. But this is if all else fails with WL.

Get your money back and look elsewhere for a red pen. If looks are important to you, im sure there are some great looking ones around somewhere.

WL should include a RMA with every laser- seems like that happens a lot with them-
You could join their forum and stay on top of this as much as possible- then if & when you get refunded go to a LPF member and buy from a trusted vet.
hk

Last edited:
It's really only because it was a gift that I would like a replacement, hopefully WL gets back to me soon. If I get a refund quick enough I'll go for a red in the skylasers group buy, if not I'll take your advise and go for a red build.

I'd try contacting them with their live chat shit if they have it still working. Otherwise they can just file your email claim under "Trash" in the email account.

ATM their chat option just lets you email message them. I still haven't heard from WL so I just sent their customer support an email asking about the RMA request. We'll see what they say, if anything.

Edit: Spoke to soon, got an email back saying they are reveiwing my request, looks like I'll have to create a login with them to check the status of it though.

Last edited:
It's an unholy clusterf*ck but I've successfully RMA'd a laser with WL before. Stay on them, don't be rude even when it seems as if they couldn't care less and in a few months you should have a working version of the one you've returned. Idunno how refunds work with them, and I haven't heard of anyone getting their money back from them recently, so we'll see as far as that goes..

Probably, you should plan on paying for it's plane ticket to China, and no matter what WL or anyone else tells you, declare and insure it for the full value. I think they only refund within 30 days, then it's repair or replace.

After some email correspondence with customer support they requested me to mail it in and promised I'd have a working unit. I'll update how that goes once they get back to me after I mail it in.

You had better get Tracking on the package to have proof
that WL did receive it.
And insurance is not a bad idea if it gets lost on the way
there.

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Update! WL got my return package on the 7th, I emailed customer service asking about it on the 11th, and they said it had shipped and they would provide me with a tracking number asap. Today I was provided with the tracking number the it was been accepted in China mail on the 12th. Hopefully this month I'll have it.

Good news! Glad everything worked out the way it did!
Too bad it took them almost a month to get this straightened out though.
Enjoy!

And for the final follow up. I got the replacement this weekend. It's on par with the free 635nm that I got with the Sky laser GB, a nice visible red, and as typical of WL, the host is pretty boss looking. I'm happy with the service and replacement, even though it took about a month to ship from China.