Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL: new stealth series IR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently WL is making a new IR laser called the stealth series. on their facebook page, they are making a vote for the logo of it.

This doesnt seem like spam to me , first time I read on LPF about their Stealth Series.

@Crexonz , people are just tired of seeing WL news on here.

@Crexonz, they also like seeing capital letters and posts which take up more than one line...

Is there any decent source saying its IR? Best I found is STEALTH SERIES - NEW IR LASER OP claims WL confirmed its IR.

WL is trying their fkin best to get all >5mW lasers banned outright worldwide.
Wish I could seize their assets, burn it & post the video as a warning to others. You can already buy burning IR on ebay, thats bad enough.
Really whats the need for burning IR that any moron with a credit card can buy? The arctic is already going to mess us up enough.
Sorry but WL's greed at all costs is finally getting to me (as you can see).
/rant

Still want to hear any info on this stealth series.

Last edited:
the only info was on their facebook page. its just a vote for the stealth's new logo and in the comments, WL saying its an ir laser

I see no reason to call it 'stealth' unless it is indeed IR, and I wouldnt worry about it becoming a noob problem because your basic noob wants a laser they can actually see. I do like IR, well mainly NIR but its limited in its applications.

I hope your right.
If they give it a much lower price-per-mW then their visible laser it might entice more buyers. If its 808nm or lower I would feel better.
My rant appears to be a bit much to me now but I don't want to edit it just to make myself seem sane.

I heard the longer IR wavelengths are actually safer in a way, because your eye doesnt focus it to a point on your retina

I heard the longer IR wavelengths are actually safer in a way, because your eye doesnt focus it to a point on your retina

Er:YAG/Glass lasers, or any in the 1500nm range, and farther on, 10,600nm, are only safe in that they don't penetrate your eye to the retina, they will still burn your cornea though.

WL has figured out that people like power, so whats next, a multi-watt IR "pointer"? But i wouldn't think many people would want a burning beam that they cant see...

Status
Not open for further replies.