Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

With Mohgasm gone...where to buy C6 kits?

Sorry bro but welcome to handheld lasers XD. I love em as they are. I also buy custom made heatsinks so I don't really have to worry about contact issues and there are also some big ass heatsinks out there that allow from some high duty cycles lol. Obviously some may not mind having a fan stuck to their laser if it means longer duty cycles but not me.

you can make a fan cool.
Imagine that cooling your laser!!!
Master%20CPU%20Water%20Cooling.jpg

clif

Garoq

My issue with Survival Lasers is that all of their stuff(that I have looked over atleast) is fairly pricey. Their Branded C6 Host Assembly is pictured with a copper heatsink, and for 19.99 that would be a good price, but to get the copper heatsink it is an extra 10 dollars. I purchased my safety glasses there, and they were helpful and sent out the right product when I received a different pair of glasses than I ordered, but I wouldn't necessarily buy their assemblies.

The host assembly you mentioned ships with an un-anodized aluminum heat sink. All items are currently in stock and ship within a day or two. If you want the basic host they are $15.99. We also do a QC check (and replacement if necessary) of the tail cap switch because as you may know a good percentage of them are defective from the factory.

Remember also that we offer a 10% discount off those prices to LPF members.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Hey clif just bought out the last 7 of your black anodized C6 heatsinks :) As well as 21 diodes and a Kryton.

Garoq

In a C6 host the heatsink is basically thermally isolated so you should be looking mostly at the heat storage capacity of the heatsink you choose and coppers main advantage is the ability to transfer heat to another medium be it the air or your host body but being isolated that advantage is seriously reduced.

With our longer heat sinks the copper is designed to press against the pill (with or without thermal compound) and therefore allows some additional heat transfer to the host.

I tell you what.
I'll vouch for Survival Laser in any case.
Great service speed ,great quality safety equipment.
My 638 with extended tampered copper heat sink is coming soon.
Stay tuned for its review
:D

clif

The host assembly you mentioned ships with an un-anodized aluminum heat sink. All items are currently in stock and ship within a day or two. If you want the basic host they are $15.99. We also do a QC check (and replacement if necessary) of the tail cap switch because as you may know a good percentage of them are defective from the factory.

Remember also that we offer a 10% discount off those prices to LPF members.

I've bought a few things here and there from Gary in the past he gave me very good service, just wanted to put it out there :beer:

I've bought a few things here and there from Gary in the past he gave me very good service, just wanted to put it out there :beer:

Damn right!!
And the best thing of all is it doesn't take 30 emails to get my orders sorted.
O-like and CNI keep on spelling my address wrong.
Still waiting on the reply from CNI about them getting in touch with Fedex to amend it.
Beside from a little note saying "our workers will change it for you".. I'm getting nothing so far......

Kind of disappointed with CNI tbh.

This would never happen with Survival Laser

Thanks Clif and EpicHam, it means a lot! :beer:

heyy, no need to thank the customers. :beer:
Its the sellers who makes us happy after all.
If anything , we thank YOU for giving us a wonderful experience with lasers. :D
Cheers

Last edited: