Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wishing I had a camcorder-- Thankyou SenKat

SenKat, these GB Diodes ROCK!!! I have my whole assy just laying bare as a temporary labby atm, and I can light matches, fuse, burn my hand from 20ft without sharpie (!!!) and, most impressive...

I cleanly cut a strip of electrical tape at 4.75cm in 6.4 seconds!!!

If our camera hadn't just broken... But we will be getting a new one soon... So all is not lost ;)

That tape cut was like OMG OMG OMG! SenKat, thankyou for giving a teen the power of photonic transmission!

I shouldn't even guess at the output power of these, but I would like to see one of Pseudos 400mW 808nm CNI's burning some tape to compare... not that this baby is 400mW, but sure feels close ;D ;D

Aseras

With my 1.1 watt hades I can cut electrical tape in one shot/pulse. I align the line the diode is emitting with the exact width of the tape. as soon as I turn it on the entire piece will cut nearly instantly. It's neat.

I need to do a vid of that....

Xeno --

How much current are you pushing ?? Watch the heating of the heatsink.

Mike

Nice work Xenodous! Gotta love how cheap these diodes are too, it's amazing how much money you save when building one instead of buying one.
Morepower said:
WOW!! That was amazing! That was faster than all of those greenie tape cutting videos!

Aseras, I have to see that instant tape cutting thing, it would be awesome if you made a video!

Niiiice morepower! Thats the same way I cut mine, gives me a little better guess at the output!

And yeah, you gotta tape that Aseras ;)

Another thing-- I let the module run with the pot at .187 ohms (I dont have a 4 ohm resistor) for 2 full minutes and it was just barely warm. Thats totally contrary to what I had heard about the duty cycles of these diodes when using just an aixiz module...

I can see the beam crystal clear all the way across my room! Its so much fun it gives me butterflies... ;)

Mike-- at the moment I don't know exactly how much current its getting-- I felt like and idiot after I insulated everything then went to turn it on! I will check soon though. I don't have my own multimeter-- I use the one my dad has for work. Its some Fluke model... he said it was $500 bucks new! I still don't understand who would pay that much for a multimeter... I was REALLY careful about heat at first! Checked every 10 seconds or so... Thats why I got 3 diodes, but that doesn't mean I wanna break any! Thanks for saying though, its easy to get lost in the moment! ;D ;D

PS: I also need to get some shots of flash powder ignition-- I never store the stuff, so its a little annoying to make, but I really want to ;)
I already burned a a few mg of Passfire commercial smoke mix (LEETSAUCE Beam visualization!!) and some smokeless powder.

Things

was this from a previous GB??? sound like alot of fun!! senkat hurry up and ship those diodes :D ;D ;D ;D ;Djk