Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wire Glue? Any one ever tried it.

Blord

I know some of the Eghemus hosts. You can bend the pill a little for an oval shape. It will hold by the host much better.

img0247sm.jpg

Here you go. The cutouts in the pill are for a dual ben boost to fit on a press fitted copper coin. When you screw in the direct press sink it should make contact but that's not the case with normal glue.

greetings,,

EDIT: A lineair or buck driver or buck driver would of been much easier to build in terms of room in the pill but i decided to make it a imr 18650 build to make it interesting for myself :)

Last edited:

Blord

A little dent won't make a big difference but the pill will hold onto the host.
Or just glue a small section and leave a bigger area free for electrical contact.

A little dent won't make a big difference but the pill will hold onto the host.
Or just glue a small section and leave a bigger area free for electrical contact.

I might try that :) Check if that works and still is strong enough to withstand the battery throw in and out :tinfoil:

Try spraying the surface with WD40, then scraping it to reveal the bare, non-oxidized aluminum which can be soldered to through the layer of WD40. (source)

Try spraying the surface with WD40, then scraping it to reveal the bare, non-oxidized aluminum which can be soldered to through the layer of WD40. (source)

So if i understand correct i slightly sand the alluminium, spray WD40(the blue yellow spray bottle) onto it and then i am able to solder the pill to the heatsink?

Is that a strond bond?

Last edited: