Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Winecooler 360 [Pic Heavy]

How cool on scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
As you can tell I am new to lasers. The main thing I do is Xbox 360 Modding. From hardware (case mods) to software (firmware mods), I've done it all. If you are interested I can also flash any of your guys' 360 for $21 shipped to play copied games.

Background: For my birthday my uncle bought me a wine cooler because he got it for free. Wtf am I going to do with a wine cooler? I'm 17 (At the time I got it). So I thought to myself that I could make something cool with it. I cut out the back and made it into an enclosure for my 360 (and now Tivo as well)

Pics:
wc1.jpg

Winecooler all bought and ready

wc2.jpg

Back Internals

wc3.jpg

Inside Internals

wc4.jpg

Inside Internals

wc5.jpg

Back Cut Out

wc6.jpg

Inside Internals

wc7.jpg

Back Cables n' Stuff

wc8.jpg

Back

wc9.jpg

Outter View

wc10.jpg

Front View

wc11.jpg

Heatsink

wc12.jpg

Fan/Light Control Board

wc13.jpg

Heatsink

wc13.jpg

All done

fin1.jpg

Finished Console all painted

fin2.jpg

Finished Console [Diff View]

fin3.jpg

Faceplate

fin4.jpg

Side View of 360

fin5.jpg

Finished Controllers

wc00.jpg

Display.. Looks good :)
Please give feedback. + or -. I'm a trooper; I can handle it

Last edited:

k1kb0t

Cool mod Abo, I know some 360's have had heat problems. Did you take the cooler out? How cool does it get in there?

Jon

I think it could use some more things to fill it. I mean, using a whole fridge for just two XBOXes... you have like lots of cm^3 left to fill up with stuff :p!

PS: Does it prevent your 360 from RRODing?

Cool mod Abo, I know some 360's have had heat problems. Did you take the cooler out? How cool does it get in there?

Jon

When it starts out, 11°C. After 6 hours of using it, it becomes ~ 24°C

I think it could use some more things to fill it. I mean, using a whole fridge for just two XBOXes... you have like lots of cm^3 left to fill up with stuff :p!

PS: Does it prevent your 360 from RRODing?

It currently has my TiVo, 360, & Bawls

And i am not sure about RRoD'ing. RRODing can occur either from overheating or a system error but mine shouldn't because of overheating :)

I also made my Lian Li 360 Case which i'll show later today

Drop in a bottle of wine or two ;p

No thx, Bawls FTW!

I'd like to see your PC modding abilities ;)

I actually never bothered myself with PC Modding. I got a Dell 2400 8 years ago. The closest thing to modding I ever did with it was upgrading from 512Mb to 2Gb of ram and using dual monitors
IMG_2757.jpg

Not bad, but You did just destroy a Wine cooler which used to be worth a decent amount of money. Sorry dude, but what a waist (IMO). Granted, It still does look good.

Not bad, but You did just destroy a Wine cooler which used to be worth a decent amount of money. Sorry dude, but what a waist (IMO). Granted, It still does look good.

I was 17 at the time.. what was I going to do with a winecooler.

nice although i would have probably kept it for soda or water.

the 360s dont need much cooling if you just fix the heatsink mounting design and space out the bottom of the motherboard.

i have done some simple case modding but for my own i like simple and i am big into halo and mlg so i made this.

controller and new jasper processor 360 painted.

DSCF8103.jpg

i would put some silica packets in it be cause those coolers are designed to retain a certain amount of humidity.

I was 17 at the time.. what was I going to do with a winecooler.

Sell it:) I do fully understand what you are saying though. You where/are still young. It's all good. You did come up with a neat idea on how to make it suit your needs, which is pretty awesome. :)

Those wine coolers really are worth a pretty penny. :)

nice although i would have probably kept it for soda or water.

the 360s dont need much cooling if you just fix the heatsink mounting design and space out the bottom of the motherboard.

i have done some simple case modding but for my own i like simple and i am big into halo and mlg so i made this.

controller and new jasper processor 360 painted.

DSCF8103.jpg

What is your Highest skill + Exp on H3? Add me on xbl.. "Abolfazl v2". I am a General Grade 3 :)

i would put some silica packets in it be cause those coolers are designed to retain a certain amount of humidity.

Ill look into it. Thx!

Sell it:) I do fully understand what you are saying though. You where/are still young. It's all good. You did come up with a neat idea on how to make it suit your needs, which is pretty awesome. :)

Those wine coolers really are worth a pretty penny. :)

:)

Poor Wine cooler... it look like the cheap 250$ model.. there was many use for it.