Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Willing to spend about $400, any suggestions?

Dnl747

Alright, I made a thousand dollers last night, and I asked my parents if it was cool to spend some, my dad wanted to limit me to $800 of it, because he thought it would be a good idea to save. So I limited myself to $400, so I have $600 in my checking acount.

I think it would be a good idea to use this money, to start off on my laser collection again (I had a good amount, but they were stolen in a house break in D:)

Anybody think they know a good investment? I was thinking a lab laser might cost, too much.

Thanks, dnl747.

well casio projectors have all kind of good things in them.
Might want to check them out i am having a blast with my 5+ 445nm lasers

Not sure if your looking to obtain just one laser for 400$ or if you would like to build a collection using 400$ lol. If you want to build the collection back up and get some solid lasers i would buy the following:

Optotronics - 532nm - Premium 150mW - $197.00 ships 2-3 days from USA.
o-like - 200mW 650nm adjustable focus $44.99
o-like - 200mW 405nm adjustable focus $105.99

Factor in shipping and you still have 3 very nice lasers for less than $400.00.

My two cents.

Are you thinking about DIY? Or complete lasers?

Do you have a preference in color?

Are you the burning type? Or the beam viewing type?

Dnl747

Are you thinking about DIY? Or complete lasers?

Do you have a preference in color?

Are you the burning type? Or the beam viewing type?

Well first of all, any place that accepts paypal (Untill further notice)
I'm trying to get a red, and a green one now, since I just ordered an E3 elite.

And If I have any money left over, I wanted to invest in MORE (I already have many)
laser goggles. And maybe a gift for my cousin.

Moptsp

E3 Elite as in 532nm ore 405nm? If you didn't get the 532nm, then get either that or an Opto PPl 150mw. I would personally go with the Opto just because of Jack the owner of Optotronics and two, WL has been really run down lately because of the Arctic's. Though some have claimed they have had their WL discounted items shipped already. So you may not would be effected.

Dnl747

Have you ever thought about building your own? It's a lot of fun and very gratifing building one. If your new to building check out jayrobs kits, pretty easy to put together; just need some soldering skills...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/jayrob-build-kits-lenses-other-stuff-listed-here-44227.html

I acctually lack every thing, to build a laser.
I was thinking about trying it later, but I still need some tools, I'm not sure about.

Also
:
Sonar Elite
That's the laser I got.

Moptsp

Yeah, that's the 405nm blueray/violet diode. :D

Here's the two greens I was talking about:
Green Laser Pointer from Wicked Lasers - Elite Series
Optotronics Product Details (Yeah, it's the ol generic laser host as you see on ebay, but coming from Optotronics, it won't be cheap, and will probably have better divergence than the wickedlaser's)

That is if your wanting a green "pen" style of enough power to burn some things. Just make sure you have 532nm blocking safety glasses.

Dnl747

Yeah, that's the 405nm blueray/violet diode. :D

Here's the two greens I was talking about:
Green Laser Pointer from Wicked Lasers - Elite Series
Optotronics Product Details (Yeah, it's the ol generic laser host as you see on ebay, but coming from Optotronics, it won't be cheap, and will probably have better divergence than the wickedlaser's)

That is if your wanting a green "pen" style of enough power to burn some things. Just make sure you have 532nm blocking safety glasses.

Well right now i'm only limited to sites that accept paypal. Also I would never buy those generic type lasers.
(Also if any one knows, if I add my debt card to paypal, and use that to buy something, would it take the funds off paypal)