Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Will these components work well together? Thanks :D

ObsessingLaserDude

Hello! Hope you guys are well. I am building a stupidly powerful laser and am wondering if these components will work well together. For the diode: Nichia NUBm44 7W laser diode. And a Astral superdrive V 5A driver. And an 18650 4.2V 3500 MAh 8A protected battery. Thanks!

Series, two 18650 in series.

If you read the add it says it's a buck driver and VIN = 5-19v

Do you have laser safety glasses for 450nm ?

Last edited:
Yes and of course you need a copper or aluminum module to hold your laser diode and lens, you also need that lens and a host with heat
sink would be in order for a HH type form factor.

ObsessingLaserDude

Right ok. The diode I’m getting comes with the copper housing and lens and all. Thanks a TON for your help!

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
That copper 'housing' is great for getting heat away from the diode, but if you want run times longer than 45 seconds or so you'll need to attach the housing to something else to give the heat somewhere to go.

ObsessingLaserDude

Right. I don’t think I’ll be using it for over 45 seconds at a time so I believe I’ll be fine. Thanks guys!
That copper 'housing' is great for getting heat away from the diode, but if you want run times longer than 45 seconds or so you'll need to attach the housing to something else to give the heat somewhere to go.