Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Will one of you driver gurus tell me if this driver is suitable?

morphs

I’m wanting to do three builds and I need a 17mm. boost driver for each of them. I’m having a hard time figuring out what I need. I’ll list the diodes and currents I plan on running.
Here is the driver in question. Why do they specify a nm range? Another thing I don’t quite understand. In the discription it says 1 watt to 1.4 watt. Shouldn’t it have the amp range instead?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-445nm-4...-7V-Current-Adjustable-17mm-Dia-/112498833945

M140 at 1600ma
Oclaro at 1100ma
Bdr 209 at 600ma

Thanks guys!!

Last edited:

Morphs --
That's a lot of questions which are discussed all over these forums.
1. nM range is specified because some members want a specific color to fit their needs. This nM output can vary from diode to diode depending on current, lot number and temperature.
2. In any batch of any product, there is the statistical bell shaped curve. Power output can vary from diode to diode and the upper limit is often a recommended stop point. For example, DTR shows how a single unit sample in a lot can perform. Your results can vary.
If you have the equipment and the nerve, you can "push it".
Also, this is a hobby and our power meters are not calibrated to a national standard. Again, your results may vary depending on many factors.
HM

Last edited:
I believe that particular driver is a constant voltage with current limit, not a pure constant current regulator.

the specific range is used because generally different wavelenghs have different voltage needs.
just to have the idea
reds-->around 2v
blue-->around 5v
violet-->around 6v

so the driver that you posted can only work with your m140 build. you need a buck driver for your red build and a boost driver that can run safe and stable at 6-7v

morphs

Thanks for the info, guys! And Chris, thank you!! You gave me be exact info I was looking for!!

the specific range is used because generally different wavelenghs have different voltage needs.
just to have the idea
reds-->around 2v
blue-->around 5v
violet-->around 6v

so the driver that you posted can only work with your m140 build. you need a buck driver for your red build and a boost driver that can run safe and stable at 6-7v

Zom-B

"Widely use in industrial and LAB !" - This made me crack.

Sounds worse than something off aliexpress.