Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

will 3.7v cr2 work in didla

dexgo

Hi, I ordered some cr2's and I think the guy might have sent me some 3.7v's instead of the 6 I specified.

will these work in the dilda?

thanks

dex

Welcome to the Forum, dexgo!

Do some reading here in the forum or search for "cr2" and/or "dilda batteries" and you'll find that this subject has been a really hot topic of late (it's best you do that prior to asking most questions that seem simple or you risk getting razzed for not doing your research or asking to be "spoon fed"...)

That said, there is an actual advantage to using the higher powered cr2's in a dilda, the drivers in them aren't regulated so you actually will realize a significant increase in power with the bigger batteries (just be sure to watch and feel for heat buildup, and it's best to limit the duty cycle of the laser when running the big cr2's, say 1 minute on and 1 minute off.)

There is a lot more technical info regarding this in the "red lasers" thread, again, go snooping and you'll be amazed the knowledge you'll find!

Puttin my spoon away, guys! ::)

dexgo said:
Hi, I ordered some cr2's and I think the guy might have sent me some 3.7v's instead of the 6 I specified.

will these work in the dilda?

thanks

dex
First... Welcome to the Forum..

Like BCM... stated... you will need to Read... Read... and Read some more..
There is a Ton of Laser related information on the Forum...

The [Search] button is your friend... :cool:

Jerry

I put the higher voltage CR-2's in my Dilda, & got a jump in power from 163mW's without them, up to 212mw's WITH them ;)

stop jumping on the guy, from his question he seems to have orderd 3.6v knowing the results and the guy gave him 3.7v instead, the truth is, the max voltage will be much higher when fully charged, so there wonb;t be much difference, theres already a risk, so i'm not gonna say safe, but it should work fine for your purposes

dexgo

thanks, for the replys. and I have read. and read some more :p

I allready ordered a micro driver 430ma and 815 sled for a mod for my dilda.

I simply just wanted to know if 3.7 were anything more. and to tell you the truth. I did Search and found 1 post with 3.7v in it from this fourm.