Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers Krypton "1W"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to the item being reviewed: Green Laser Pointer 1 Watt | S3 Krypton | Spyder III | Wicked Lasers

Well this thing is certainly a beast. It is the most high powered handheld green laser I have ever owned. I love the Spyder series from Wickedlasers. I wish They still offered all 3 of them. They definitely kept the best of the 3 though. I am very impressed with the power of this laser. Decided to write a review of my precious (voice of Gullum). On with the review.....

Order date: 12/18/11

Date received: 1/05/12

First impression: This is not my first Spyder or Krypton so I had a very good idea what to expect. My first impression of this laser though was "wow the low mode is REALLY low, I sure hope the high mode jumps in power significantly"

Power output: 750-850mW (power fluctuates between this range)
Mode: TEM00 (no mode hopping witnessed as of yet)
Output mode: CW low mode (30mW), Pulsed low mode, SOS low mode, Beacon low mode, CW high mode (800mW), Pulsed high mode, SOS high mode, Beacon high mode, Standby
Beam diameter: ~4mm (measured just a smidge under 4mm. Nearly twice spec)
Wavelength: 532nm
Divergence: 1.69mRad (measured)
IR Filter: Yes
Power input: 1 X 18650 battery
Safety features: Pin Key lock on tailcap, Smart switch code to turn on, red led indicator light (doubles as battery indicator), warning label, comes with 20% output cap.
Extras: Came with a nice little quality belt holster, battery, charger, safety glasses, different lens caps (this was during the Christmas sale that they offered all the extras for free)
Price: $899.95
Warranty: 1 Year

Burning power: Well it will light dark matches, pop balloons, melt black plastic like CD cases and do those typical tricks. Because the large beam diameter it is best to do burning tricks with the included "burning cap"

Overall: The laser is Beautiful and powerful. Even though it is listed as a "MAX OUTPUT 1W" I read the specs and knew not to expect that much. Plus I know what the word MAX means. It is much above the minimum guaranteed output so I am very happy! I bet if I give it a few more runs on the LaserBee I will find a reading of 900mW. I have only tested it a handful of time with a max reading of 850mW. Overall I am VERY pleased with my purchase!

On with the pics....

The other laser in the pics is the original Spyder III and the E3
1001230j.jpg

1001229p.jpg

1001227jl.jpg

1001216.jpg

1001213l.jpg

1001212v.jpg

1001211d.jpg

1001210p.jpg

1001208h.jpg

1001206p.jpg

1001251d.jpg

1001250g.jpg

1001248s.jpg

1001247n.jpg

Low mode
krytonlow.png

High mode
krytonhigh.png

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22482

Re: WickedLasers Kryton "1W"

Isn't it called the Krypton? I think you mixed up with the host.

ped

Re: WickedLasers Kryton "1W"

I think you may be right :shhh:

@ yobresal

Very nice review! Nice photography and Thanks for sharing the Power Graphs, not that it matters all that much, but which laserbee did you power test it with?

I just tried to +1 rep you again for this nice review, but the system won't let me yet cause I already gave you a +1 for the review of your WL E3. I'll keep that in the back of mind and do it when the system allows.

Nice job! :beer:

Luke, did you pay full price for this laser, or was it given as a review unit?

TEM00 is hard to believe for a laser pointer at this power. All the others reviewed mode hop.

Nice review :thanks:

Just ordered my Krypton 500mW /me runsss :shhh::yabbem:

• I just like the host so much

Cheers
sm.:tinfoil:

Last edited:
Be sure to let us know how you like it when it arrives..........Good luck.

Sometimes they just print the label so you'll have the tracking number but it won't actually ship for a few days

Sometimes they just print the label so you'll have the tracking number but it won't actually ship for a few days

I dunno, seems legit sinds this postal service was accurate for other lasers i bought.
Will let you know :)

Cheers sm.

For anyone who was wondering I had no prior contact by WL before I purchased and paid full price for my Krypton back in December. There are some members of the forum who I choose not to communicate with or respond to.

There are some members of the forum who I choose not to communicate with or respond to.

Since when? I never threw any negativity at you. In fact I gave you advice on an issue you were having a few months ago. So why not respond? I never knew there was any problem. What changed?

It would have saved a lot of drama here, and on the other thread if you just replied to my comment. You made yourself look bad. It doesnt make sense.

Last edited:
If anyone was wondering why I chose not to communicate with a particular member here it is not because of anything personal or any past negativity I have received, it is because I have seen in the past what happens with other members who have a difference of opinion with that member and I have seen the threads which have unraveled when an open dialogue was foolishly entered into with said member. Perhaps it is cowardice, maybe it is self preservation most of all it's that I prefer to spend my time planning and building lasers versus getting in to it with members here. I have a busy couple weeks ahead with many planned builds. We will see how they go.

Where I come from we dont talk BS. When someone has an opinion they are made to prove that opinion. This is the only intellectual way to find if the opinion has merit or not. Some call it arguing, I call it debating. If you dont agree with my opinion you are completely welcome to debate it, and prove me wrong. I've apologized quite a few times here in the past.

This being said, when a member that people count on to be honest, does a review on a $1000 laser, its their responsibility to be clear, and as accurate as possible. This includes giving answers to all reasonable questions. If these answers are clearly given, then there is no room for debate. When questions are ignored, then the drama starts. Its really that simple. We are not talking about a $80 laser here. Its a $1000 laser from a company with a questionable past. Its not out of line one bit to request additional information. Thats the whole reason this forum was created.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.