Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Trying to Turn Around?

Not "most likely", but achieving stable output power in the order of 1W or close, is impossible in a handheld utilizing anything less than 32650 cell or of sorts.

So 18650 cell hosts are out of the question,
Assuming DPSS process is 25% efficient (most likely not, heat issues and average of 20% today), for 1W of output you need 4 W pump diode. To power 4W pump diode you need around 5A of current at 2.0-2.2 V, easily resulting in 7-10 W of heat to be managed.

Now, such heat already requires a TEC cooling in order to keep the crystals from going into TEMholy-sh1t , and guess what, Peltier elements are around 20% efficient as well. So for around 5 W of cooling power, you've got 20 W of heat on the other side. An guess what, you need 25W more electrical power.

So far, only Hercules has gotten close, and it's powered by three D-size batteries. Oh and it's got forced fan cooling.

Unless they plan on making couple-of D-size cell accepting hosts, it's not going to happen.

And they plan on using 1x 18650 size host.

So far as their plan on "restoring reputation they've ruined" they are trying to pass "testicles for kidneys" as we Croats say it. And yes we're all seriously disturbed people

Ahhh Eudaimonium... you make me laugh on terribly boring nights...

made my night. :crackup:

An interesting note. Apparently their system probably uses a TEC, however the technology stated says that the inefficiencies will be converted as heat, and as heat builds, the microcontroller reduces current imput and power output. If Eudaimonium is correct, the laser power will diminish extremely rapidly.

Anyone wanna bet that Kipkay is gonna make a video about the Krypton?

Last edited:

I ordered a smaller laser from them last year (wicked), after a month no sign of dispatch and no sign of response to tickets I posted. Eventually I told them I would cancel. They said it would be sent "soon". Few weeks later no sign so in all maybe 6 or 7 weeks later I cancelled. Now they say they have an inventory system but from what I can tell they still have poor communication.

I ordered a smaller laser from them last year (wicked), after a month no sign of dispatch and no sign of response to tickets I posted. Eventually I told them I would cancel. They said it would be sent "soon". Few weeks later no sign so in all maybe 6 or 7 weeks later I cancelled. Now they say they have an inventory system but from what I can tell they still have poor communication.

Yeah.... they may have an Inventory System now...
But if the inventory totals read Zero... they and their
customers are no further ahead... :cryyy:

Then because the FDA and US Customs have Flagged WL...
more than likely any Lasers from WL to the USA stand a
higher than normal chance of getting confiscated..

I have problems believing liars a 2nd time...

Jerry

Yeah.... they may have an Inventory System now...
But if the inventory totals read Zero... they and their
customers are no further ahead... :cryyy:

Then because the FDA and US Customs have Flagged WL...
more than likely any Lasers from WL to the USA stand a
higher than normal chance of getting confiscated..

I have problems believing liars a 2nd time...

Jerry

Couldn't agree more!
I couldn't believe it when I got that e-mail.
Do they really think I will try to do business with them ever again, I think not.:scowl:

Me, also. I waited over 6 months for My Artic 3. They also had to send it to a 3rd party for re-shipment, and they didn't put enough postage on it, sent it back, and had to wait, for them to send it again, omf. So, won't be ordering WL, again.

I don't know what to think either. The Arctic situation really was a nightmare, and I'm lucky I got something at all. (Nevermind the functionality.)

I've been on the edge on ordering a Krypton, even though Steve Liu "Guaranteed" that I'd be "very satisfied". I realize this is a limited run, but for this much *more* cash than an Arctic was, well..

We have one good review here, but I'll have to see people receiving their stuff and it performing well, I think, before I can pull the trigger. Wicked sent a bunch of sample units to certain people it seems, and of *course* those units are going to perform well, and make it there.

But I haven't seen much "I ordered it, got it, and it's great". With the previous experience, until I see that, i'm very much on the fence.

Check the tech specs, the 300mw is listed 150-300, same goes for the others, 500-1000 on the one watt, LOL. so for a grand, you will get a 400-500mw unstable tem-whatever mode p.o.s. That is if you can actually receive one within a year from ordering it. And God forbid, you need to RMA it, LOL. Good Luck to whomever falls into this now cheap reseller of cheap lasers like all the rest, except WL still charges beyond top dollar for their now new junk.
BUY ELSE WHERE< YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BY EVERYONE!

As my quote below implies to a WL purchase as well, LOL

Last edited:
You actually travel to the company building / warehouse and pick one up in less time than it would take you to wait for it to be posted.