Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Photonic Disruptor Pro (Lots of pics!)

This may be a stupid question, but how difficult would it be/would it be possible to modify or attach a new tail cap that is a push button on/off type to this device? I like the fact that it is waterproof, especially since I do a fair bit of diving in my free time, but the twist on/off leave a little to be desired for me, despite it having dual o-ring seals. Granted, the new tail cap you find would also have to be waterproof, but still, curious to figure out how possible/easy it would be to switch them out.

In the end, though, it will not matter much, as I have already ordered one--my first good quality laser actually--and am anxiously awaiting its arrival! I have a good feeling it'll get packed with my gear when I deploy in about two months! :D

IMO, this laser is too nice to risk ruining it by messing around with the tailcap.

Labs have extra thick O-ring silicone grease For high vacuum use, might help to make the O-rings more high pressure water tight? I don't think it's really meant to be a diving laser though. -Glenn

No, I do not think it is meant to be a diving laser either, but I will likely take it with a time or two just to see how it is underwater. :)

Fantastic! Apparently mine arrived yesterday while I was out and did not notice until I was heading to bed. So first thing I did this morning was open the bad boy up and put in some batteries. First thing I noticed, though, was that mine has a couple more markings: an on/off position marking on the tail cap and a dot on the main body to align them with, plus the WL logo on the back of the tail cap. That was in addition to the standard "Wicked Laser's" marking on the side of the main body. The build quality of the device appears, and feels, to be quite nice, well finished. Overall, I am quite happy with it; cannot wait to see it in action outside tonight!

From the payment to receipt of the device was only about 4 days; very expedient! So, thank you Niko for making these available to us, I know I appreciate it, and thank you for a smooth transactions.

Ymerej

Great review! now i really can't wait to get home, as i've just been informed that mine has just arrived! :D