Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked lasers new comp

just recieved this email from laser community

Dear LC Members,

The voting round of the Instructables Challenge has begun! Cast your votes here: http://www.lasercommunity.com/vote_des.php

Voting Requirements:

1) You must be a registered Laser Community member
2) You must be logged into your Laser Community account
3) You must have at least 15 or more posts/replies

Each Laser Community member is allowed to cast three votes. You can only cast one vote per Instructable. At the end of the one week voting period (voting ends 1/18/2008), the Instructable with the most votes wins. The top five finalists will be awarded the following

prizes:

First Prize: Elite 150 plus (w/ LaserShades)
Second Prize: Elite 125 plus (w/ LaserShades)
Third Prize: Elite 100 plus (w/ LaserShades)
Fourth Prize: Core
Fifth Prize: Core

The winners will be announced on January 25, 2008 and prizes sent out on January 28, 2008. May the best Instructable win!

Good Luck,

Laser Community

whos actually gonna enter

Rhith

This actually seems to eb the VOTING part of the competition. A while ago they had the entry time. So, I don't really think that you can 'enter' at this point but more of participate. Yet, they have banned so many of us we wouldn't be able to vote anyways.

I got one as well, saying Dear LC members...... tried to log on and found I am still banned :)

Oh well never mind

Regards rog8811

JECS

pfft.. i had about 10 posts and they banned me..all i was trying to do was help people so they wouldnt have to spend tons of money on something they could build themselves much cheaper...

Switch

Man that contest should be easy :D You can easily get at least 5th :p....
Look at some of those: the laser mouse doesn't work for me , so looses points for that,besides I don't really see you could control a pointer on such a small area from 20 feet away, the tunnel glove and the laser show have some cool efect but it's just some stuff that was done before, DIY laser stand? ::) why would anyone need an instructable for that, he can just say "wrap some wire around your laser!", laser wall art? come on!!!
I would give it to the lego laser plotter , the waterproof case and the collimator for usefullness and ingenuity.

Browsing the laser instructables I also found some rather ridiculous ones like "Laserholic pets" which is essentially using your pointer to play with your pets :p
and the 9 volt laser which is building a 5mW aixiz laser into a 9 volt battery case and powering it with another 9 volt battery, directly driven ::)

I wonder which part of the rules and/or prizes they change last minute this time!