Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Free mini lock promotion

meepo

Has anyone received theirs? Or rather has anyone signed up for one? I received mine, but I have no idea how to use it.

roosl

Minilock Free Upgrade

As you see in the picture in the link, there is brass tube coming out of the cap. How am I supposed to use the cap, if that is in the way.

Reading the WL link, and comparing that info with my WL Evo...

If you have an older, non-FDA approved WL, this minilock replaces your old tailcap. That isn't a tube, is it? That's the "key" (part #6 in the top illustration?), a "pin", when inserted allows the laser to be used. When it's pulled out, you can't turn it on.

The instructions lower in the page have nothing to do with installing your new minilock tailcap. They're apparently for an existing minilock tailcap, overriding the minilock, allowing you to wire a remote on/off.

meepo

Reading the WL link, and comparing that info with my WL Evo...

If you have an older, non-FDA approved WL, this minilock replaces your old tailcap. That isn't a tube, is it? That's the "key" (part #6 in the top illustration?), a "pin", when inserted allows the laser to be used. When it's pulled out, you can't turn it on.

The instructions lower in the page have nothing to do with installing your new minilock tailcap. They're apparently for an existing minilock tailcap, overriding the minilock, allowing you to wire a remote on/off.

Take a look at the picture again, you will see a brass tube coming out of the cap, it looks gold-ish, you can't miss it.

The brass tube has a cap at the end of it, much like the battery cap of the laser, inside the tube is hollow, but it is too narrow to fit AAA batteries through it. Upon shining a light inside the tube, i can view what appears to be a metal contact for the battery. So what i'm saying is, the brass tube is absolutely pointless as it does nothing. But I can't remove it because its glued on really hard to the cap.

roosl

Oh, I thought that pic was unrelated (like a pic showing an old WL with the new cap). The locking tailcap is only 3/4" long (the very end of the thing in that pic). Are you sure that part doesn't unscrew?

If not, I have no idea what that thing is either. :(

meepo

Oh, I thought that pic was unrelated (like a pic showing an old WL with the new cap). The locking tailcap is only 3/4" long (the very end of the thing in that pic). Are you sure that part doesn't unscrew?

If not, I have no idea what that thing is either. :(

Trust me I've tried :(. The main reason that i want this safety lock, is so when people take my laser without asking me to use it, I can be safe knowing that my laser won't be shining in anyone's eyes or in anyone's cars, or turning on at all really. =]

Kenom

this is just my assumption based on what I'm seeing in the pictures. You indicate that the tube is too skinny for a pair of AAA's so I don't know but based on the picture, the thing is designed to mount inside your laser and have batteries inside it. It unscrews where I drew the line and the tube makes electrical connection to the existing host with the brass cap at the top of it. This will then allow the host to be disabled with the locking mechanism. However, they trumped themselves with this if the batteries won't fit inside it. (oh batteries don't fit, well it IS non functional as a result)

pix2.jpg

meepo

this is just my assumption based on what I'm seeing in the pictures. You indicate that the tube is too skinny for a pair of AAA's so I don't know but based on the picture, the thing is designed to mount inside your laser and have batteries inside it. It unscrews where I drew the line and the tube makes electrical connection to the existing host with the brass cap at the top of it. This will then allow the host to be disabled with the locking mechanism. However, they trumped themselves with this if the batteries won't fit inside it. (oh batteries don't fit, well it IS non functional as a result)

pix2.jpg

I don't understand why they would do that :/.