Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Executive Series Review

So as many of you know I was the lucky winner of a WL executive series laser pointer. Here is a short review of the laser I received.
The quality of this laser is excellent. I am not shy about calling lasers out that are made of crap. This laser is not one of those. As much fun as it would be to write a nasty review i cannot. The specs below should speak for themselves. This is a quality laser unlike the ones you can buy at focalprice, dealextreme, rayfoss, and many other cheap laser sites. Whether or not the price is right is up to you. There are plenty of people who invest in optotronics lasers so I do not see why they would not do the same for these.

Spec output: 100mW
Peak output: 134mW
Average output: 112mW
Divergence: 1.1mR
Batteries: 2 1.5V AAA
Safety features: Tail cap plug, led indicator light, optional warning label
Price: $397
Finish: Matte Black rubberized
Stability: VERY stable (this laser is like a rock right at 112mW)
Mode: Tem00
Dot shape: Oval, no artifacts.

The look of this laser is very professional but IMHO it is the least attractive of the last two series of lasers they have released. With so many beautiful designs of their other laser's it makes it hard to compare. The most sexy would be the new spyder 3 and the old evolution, you know The silver one with the knurling and silver button. I would have loved to own one of those but the price never came down low enough for me to make the plunge. Never look a gift horse in the mouth though as they say. I am very happy to have won this laser and very grateful to WL for the wonderful gift.
On with the iphone pics....
img0133l.jpg

img0132j.jpg

img0127e.jpg

img0129c.jpg

img0130u.jpg

Last edited:

Looks like they adopted the *key features*

It actually looks like that's all they added....

Yobresal ---

Nice review covering the main topics. I agree that the Spyder III has the LOOK of a light saber and the power to match. Beam specs are tight like my EVO PRO.
Your review is short and to the point.
I love the stability of their new lasers.

Mike

Yes I like to keep em short, If anyone has any questions let me know.

Rswitz

If I wanted to review a wicked laser, could I get one for free? also, is this the executive pro or just plain executive? thanks.

You guys are very lucky to have been selected out of the many menbers on LPF:)
I am Jelous:)