Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wicked lasers 15mW-35mW ????

NLPQ

hello im new here my name is evan. i want a green laser for fun and concerts, but i want it to stand out from other peoples 5mW ebay lasers. my question are these safe for large crowds, and what is the highest mW rating without damaging effects/burning? thanks for looking

-Evan

Well some ebay lasers are overpowered. Even the cheap true 5mW DX lasers can go up to 30mW. Even though WL are more classy looking, you could consider buying from O-like which sells good laser at a fair price. As for safety, no lasers are absolutely safe.

I have a Techlaser infinity 95 and also some other types newish Dx ect
now my Techlaser AKA wicked Laser when its cold outside or inside say 50-60 degrees it instantly fires to spec 100 mw -now most newish -ebay -deal extreme units are temp sensitive and need to warm up to use -I hate that

now if you want a cheapo get a cheapo if you want a quality pointer
I would buy a

1) wicked / techlaser
2) Nova laser
3) Laserglow

if you want a big powerfull handheld i would get

1) Wicked laser spyder series or Techlaser crossfire series
2) optotronics RPL series either green or blue
3) laserglow aries series Hulk is pretty expensive for my blood

note not necessarily in the order listed

Last edited:

NLPQ

i am looking for a laser that is super bright but not gonna seriously blind people. i am not an idiot, i would never shine it in someone's eyes, but i have different pieces of glass to shine it through for "light show type effects". i pretty much want to stand out (which most people have the cheaper ones) but i am trying to be "as safe as possible".

here is the model im looking at
the executive series advanced 35mW
Green Laser Pointer from Wicked Lasers - Executive Series

thanks
-Evan

I would seriously look into optotronics, the divergence and quality are the best amongst your pen lasers, and your guaranteed to get the output power you pay for. Jack is the guy that owns it, he's based out of Colorado. They have great prices, and you'll have it in 2 days if your in America. Thats my 2 cents.

Optotronics

-Greg

Last edited:
don't get me wrong I love optotronics but thier pen units are newish styles and dont really compare to say Nova - Dragon - Wicked - Techlaser - cni -laserglow but Jacks handhelds are top nothch

Last edited:
^ True, i never really cared for that style of pen laser, but then again you'll atleast know its been thru Opto's QC.

Ya I used to have a 125mW CNI, gorgeous looking pen. However the divergence on the opto pens is better on paper and noticeable in person. Im sure they would sell more if Jack used a different pen case then the ones you see all over the internet, but hey I'm happy. In the future I will still buy another CNI, oh wait I have an Aquarius on the way!!!

CNI- <1.5 divergence
Optotronics- <1.2 divergence

-Greg